SWA corruption = DFW FAA, USA Today, BWI ATC, MCO ATC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am glad Gup.

Soon you guys can move over to the legacy area of airlinepilotcentral with the rest. And in 20-30 years Airtran will probably be over there too. lol

And the cycle continues. If only I can be at the pinnacle of it. Um?

Uh-oh....Jt uncovered something....

Heads up Gup!!:D

I agree we are on our way but we are adding routes... legacy airlines are growth mature. WN is adding service to at least 3 new cities next year. I'd give us a few more years before we are there. In the meantime "It's On."

Gup

We are beating SWA in BOS and MKE. The flights are always full. Expanding in BWI. We are hiring and getting airplanes this year and into next year. Hard to compete with costs that are not competitive. Guess that is why they resort to bribery or "favors" for a competitive edge. They even control the media when they can like USA today. Can't say i blame them. It is cheaper than pay cuts. And you get a good bang for buck ratio it seems. Heck if I got paid like that I would pick up bar tabs to get a different type of competitive edge too. Good you guys spread it around. No one said you were not generous people over there.

Just patting the flames. lol

I actually think the way you get paid is competitive just not your pay rates. But you know what. I would have sympathy for you and your your whining due to lose of pay. Problem is your methods gives your company an edge also. It's just the way things are setup for u guys compared to the rest. Too bad. Stay out of our way. The nonsense will no longer be tolerated. When I see it it makes me want to kick your arses even more out there. You will become competitive eventually one way or another. This society assures it.

You forgot to mention that we pulled out of EWR, SAV, CHS and soon MIA and MLI. Our a$$es will be hurting when the new international terminal in ATL is finished and all of E concourse goes to the highest bidder (guess who is still sitting on a mountain of cash). Hopefully, Delta will throw us a bone by calling in some favors with the city to block SWA; an enemy of my enemy is a friend

AirTran is starting to look like the airline equivalent of "The Producers".

You forgot to mention that we pulled out of EWR, SAV, CHS and soon MIA and MLI.

We didn't pull out of EWR. We traded slots with Continental for LGA. As for MIA. The airport authority doesn't think they need us. They prefer an airline they can milk like American. The MIA costs are retarded. FLL is expanding. We pulled out of SAV when oil was stupid. We pulled out of CHS, MLI and BTV because we don't have enough airplanes for MKE and BWI. Why they did not get more airplanes sooner is beyond me, but that is changing. It was not because someone drove us out of those markets. I do think Delta is more competitive than they use to be. If SWA comes in I wish them luck. The Legacy and the lost cost carriers are closer than ever.

BTW, why do u think management came to the table this week? Cause they were eyeballing 25 717s from Mexicana maybe? Once Mexicana got financing for bankruptcy they walked away from the table that day.

Last edited:
JT,

I like your spunk.

Gary doesn't have a lot of spunk but he does $3.6 BILLION laying around.

Gup

We didn't pull out of EWR. We traded slots with Continental for LGA. As for MIA. The airport authority doesn't think they need us. They prefer an airline they can milk like American. The MIA costs are retarded. FLL is expanding. We pulled out of SAV when oil was stupid. We pulled out of CHS, MLI and BTV because we don't have enough airplanes for MKE and BWI. Why they did not get more airplanes sooner is beyond me, but that is changing. It was not because someone drove us out of those markets. I do think Delta is more competitive than they use to be. If SWA comes in I wish them luck. The Legacy and the lost cost carriers are closer than ever.

BTW, why do u think management came to the table this week? Cause they were eyeballing 25 717s from Mexicana maybe? Once Mexicana got financing for bankruptcy they walked away from the table that day.

I like your optmism but you sound like Baghdad Bob proclaiming victory to Saddam and the world when the enemy was already through the gates.

Shhhhh....

You guys need to play nice in case they buy you.....Let ol' Bill stir the pot.....

Let me guess, the previous post reads: "I'm an idiot, I'm an idiot, I'm an idiot, PFT. I'm an idiot, I'm an idiot, I'm an idiot, PFT."

Just a guess.

Latest resources

Back