• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA contract amendable- no pay raise?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA guys, I just wanted to drop you a note to tell you how proud and encouraged I am by reading a lot of your posts. When I see you saying things like "we need to look out for the company" or "we don't need a pay raise", it brings tears of joy to my eyes.

Finally, a group of pilots that realizes where the profits should go. The executive suite and the shareholders.

SWA pilots were ostracized a decade ago for being the minimum wage whores of the industry. I can't tell you how upset I was at this. Through no fault of your own, you became the industry's highest paid pilots. I am so proud of you guys for realizing what a dangerous place this puts you and your corporation in. As long as you stay the course towards a pay freeze, or better yet CONCESSIONS, you will always come out on top in my book.

Hope to see you back on the bottom soon!

Good luck!

Funny, Yes it was. However, I have the money to buy his "faithful" wife as set of edible panties. Strawberry Cream to be exact. Thanks Frank, your wife tastes good. U can have her back when I'm done.

QOL is an important issue. I agree we should kill PBS right out of the shute. I here a lot of talk about pay and time off. I have a limited ability to compare. In my last job I worked 7 days straight 3 off for 15 yrs. Followed that with a 7 day a week stint that lasted just under 8 months. I averaged 110 hrs per month. Now I can hold weekdays and 17 days off a month but I choose to work weekends and 18 days off. I think life is much better now than when I worked for Uncle Sugar. In my second yr here I make more than I did after 28 yrs of service. I love LUV. Koolaid drinker? I don't think so just a guy that was lucky to get hired by an airline with a great bunch of pilots and I include SWA/FO in that too. Maybe when he is a capt. I can fly wtih him and show him MIL. guys aren't afraid of wx.

Maybe when he is a capt. I can fly wtih him and show him MIL. guys aren't afraid of wx.

Hey, I was quoted out of context...just like our union guys.

:pimp:

Saabslime said:
You SWA koolaid kooks can't see the forest through the trees. "Yeah we have to pay for parking and uniforms, etc. but look at our hourly rates!" Forget the fact that the company works you like borrowed mules to gain the productivity needed to afford those rates. You're W2's may look good but let's face it, you fly regional type schedules........some QOL. I'll put our scheduling and hours of service sections up against yours anyday.

For the record....I left my old "legacy" carrier to come to SWA more than 10 years ago...I continue to be extremely happy with the choice I made.

Tejas

Yawn...
saaaaaaaaabsline low iqer and good ole frank ...
... that's it? Those are your best shots?

At least Frank was kind'o funny. The rest of you morons should be banned for wasting bandwidth and O2.

Before 9/11, SWA was considered "a stepping stone". It was that much closer to DAL, UAL, AA. I am sure that before 9/11, there were more SWA pilots going to the "majors" than the other way around. Now in a post 9/11 world, it is a "I told you so mentaltiy".

Everybody seems to forget that the old payrates were tied into promised (and delivered) rapid growth. Also some real good stock options were given with those payrates to bring them upto the "legacy" guys at the time. You guys have to find your brain, airlinepilotpay.com or FAPA is not always right...maybe close at best.

So, I don't see many attacks towards CAL thesedays, they are doing something similar. They changed their pay and promised growth. Anybody consider them a "stepping stone?". CAL might just be the smartest legacy out there..... (that last part was for Anne.)

I'll go on the record: anybody that left SWA for a legacy in 1999/2000 & early 2001 made the wrong choice, chose poorly, f-ed up.... peer pressure can be tough sometimes.

the SWA/FO :pimp:

If SWA keeps the status-quo and the fuel hedges run out, their cost of operation will be almost exactly what the average legacy carrier is at give or take +- 0.5 cents per mile. Basically this is the most ideal condition and should restore stability to the industry. This is how it was in regulation before the LCC's. Now if someone can go lower, all pilots including SWA with all legacy and LCC pilots will begin the leveling out process again. Since SWA has a lower operational cost structure, it can afford to pay its pilots more, and that's just the way it is.

Latest resources

Back