SWA contract amendable- no pay raise?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Saabslime said:
Pretty easy really. When you're passengers don't expect anything in the first place, what is there to complain about?

How many times have you been turned down by SWA?

Purpled said:
Hey hot head,

Why don't you read the entire thread before opening your dick-licker. I'm on your side, loser. Add another one of you guys who hopes we lose our pension. Glad to see your true colors. Again, except you and SWAFO, I wish your pilot group the best...and the legacy guys too.

Why do you even post here purple knob? Give you an extra boost before you flex in the mirror? You got yours - let it be. Just as I'm sure you FDX guys could care less about input from airline guys on your contract, SWA doesn't need your two cents. I hope they hold up the bar as well - although not to "put us out of our misery" as you suggest, but to help us in the future to maybe get back close to where I was pre-bk at some point before retirement.

As far as the pension, I don't hope for your loss, I would just suggest a serious look at getting some of the $Billions of profit in back to you in your name rather than banking on the pension being there forever. Defined benefit plans are a dinasour. Not than long ago I had the promise of 60% FAE to look forward to. Now, besides going from $156/hr to $89/hr 8 year F/O, I have squat for a pension.

I have many navy buds at FDX and the last thing I would do is wish your demise. My two cents is that at some point you guys may want to blend in some profit sharing with the pension plan. There's a lot to be said for retirement $ in your own name.

But, what do I know. Just a dumb-ass legacy guy here whose company also used to make a billion a year. Glad your profits are bullet proof.

Gotta go read "jumpseat 101" on another thread now to see how it's done.

Ben

Having pissed off SWAFO and BD at the same time, I feel like a fukcing hero! Perhaps it's time to retire.

BTW, BD, looks like we might have negotiated in the direction that you suggested, glad you thought of it.

FO, I laughed reading about squeezing my purple thing...thanks for that.

I'm not mad.

Benjamin Dover said:
Why do you even post here purple knob? Give you an extra boost before you flex in the mirror? You got yours - let it be. Just as I'm sure you FDX guys could care less about input from airline guys on your contract, SWA doesn't need your two cents. I hope they hold up the bar as well - although not to "put us out of our misery" as you suggest, but to help us in the future to maybe get back close to where I was pre-bk at some point before retirement.

As far as the pension, I don't hope for your loss, I would just suggest a serious look at getting some of the $Billions of profit in back to you in your name rather than banking on the pension being there forever. Defined benefit plans are a dinasour. Not than long ago I had the promise of 60% FAE to look forward to. Now, besides going from $156/hr to $89/hr 8 year F/O, I have squat for a pension.

I have many navy buds at FDX and the last thing I would do is wish your demise. My two cents is that at some point you guys may want to blend in some profit sharing with the pension plan. There's a lot to be said for retirement $ in your own name.

But, what do I know. Just a dumb-ass legacy guy here whose company also used to make a billion a year. Glad your profits are bullet proof.

Gotta go read "jumpseat 101" on another thread now to see how it's done.

Ben

BendOver,

Well, maybe you're just a dumb-ass legacy guy or just bitter. While I would agree that defined benefit contributions are somewhat of a thing of a past, its not the past. Many fortune 500 corporations are NOT disolving retirement programs. There has to be a reason for disolving these plans, the pax industry has been unstable at best since de regulation. There was never a secure feeling with those funds. NOW, fedex does have a b fund that is solid, a 401k with match that is solid, and a product that is solid. So assuming or wishing that ours would disolve as yours did is just imature. Would you suggest us give up our a fund completly for profit sharing while in 10 years maybe our profits would go done, then would you snub your nose at us. Should we give up our contract and accept SWA's and work our buts off for less money? How about the life expectance of those SWA guys who are stuck in a tube with long duty days exposing themselves to the cancer elements (pre-empted the night flying issue). Or do we give up our a fund for a monster 401k when the goverment is glancing at that money and trying to figure a way to get a piece of that (taxes, elemintion of other benefits if you have a certain amount in your 401k). WOW all this, it looks like fedex is a well diversified investments (A,B, and 401k)!!!!! Oops, I almost forgot to mention that cargo is a little more secure than pax.

Fire away and I'll hit the deck.

flyhomefast said:
BendOver,

Well, maybe you're just a dumb-ass legacy guy or just bitter. While I would agree that defined benefit contributions are somewhat of a thing of a past, its not the past. Many fortune 500 corporations are NOT disolving retirement programs. There has to be a reason for disolving these plans, the pax industry has been unstable at best since de regulation. There was never a secure feeling with those funds. NOW, fedex does have a b fund that is solid, a 401k with match that is solid, and a product that is solid. So assuming or wishing that ours would disolve as yours did is just imature. Would you suggest us give up our a fund completly for profit sharing while in 10 years maybe our profits would go done, then would you snub your nose at us. Should we give up our contract and accept SWA's and work our buts off for less money? How about the life expectance of those SWA guys who are stuck in a tube with long duty days exposing themselves to the cancer elements (pre-empted the night flying issue). Or do we give up our a fund for a monster 401k when the goverment is glancing at that money and trying to figure a way to get a piece of that (taxes, elemintion of other benefits if you have a certain amount in your 401k). WOW all this, it looks like fedex is a well diversified investments (A,B, and 401k)!!!!! Oops, I almost forgot to mention that cargo is a little more secure than pax.

Fire away and I'll hit the deck.

Hope you're right.

Out,

Ben

Saabslime said:
. You're W2's may look good but let's face it, you fly regional type schedules........some QOL. I'll put our scheduling and hours of service sections up against yours anyday.

Yes, W2s look good.
Didn't know regional pilots had 18-19 days off per month making $17000/mnth
15 or 16 days off per month on reserve on our side. How about yours?

Saabslime said:
Sorry, but when a company makes you pay to park where you work, that's just plain a$$ cheap no matter how you slice it. And even McDonalds provides a uniform for their employees at no cost......

Show me a Micky Dees front line worker that makes 6 figures.
Cheap??? How much does your top guys make?
I'll pay my $20 per month parking and keep my W2 where it is and good luck on the next DB.

skiandsurf said:
It seems that everyones bubble will burst at sometime.
Is it time for Southwests ride to come to a slowing halt?

Geez...can't you come up with anything more original? This question has only been asked a bazillion times since the initial stock offering 30+ years ago...

I look at it this way....at my old "legacy" carrier, management made promises...and lied and continued to lie.....SWA paid me my profit sharing on September 14, 2001 just as they had promised earlier that year...How did your company handle the days just after September 11, 2001? Did they keep all their promises or honor their labor agreements?

Tejas

Latest resources

Back