SWA Competitive

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crjdude

Anyone know how much turbine PIC it's taking these days to get called by Southwest? Also how important is the 4 year degree?

Thanks

crjdude

crjdude said:
Anyone know how much turbine PIC it's taking these days to get called by Southwest? Also how important is the 4 year degree?

Thanks

crjdude

1. 1300

2. important but probably not a deal breaker if there are no other "problems"

I had a friend that interviewed late last month with 1480 hours PIC turbine. It was about 1400 when called for the interview. I knew another person who was called to interview recently that had exactly 1300 hours PIC turbine. They both had the type rating.

Can't say about the college degree.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I don't think the 4 year is as big a deal as you would think. I know several folks at SWA who don't have it. As for the PIC time, I had 3100 PIC turbine and a type when I got the call.

A buddy of mine just finishing up class there was low PIC time...I'm guessing around 2000 and most of it Tprop. And no degree. Great guy...thats all that counts.

I had 1500 PIC, over 12000 TTL and the 737 type when I was called. I have a Associate Degree only. My degree status was never mentioned at the interview.

Helmsmen

Hired with no degree. When I offered an explanation at the interview, the interviewer stopped me and told me that we had more important things to talk about...and to think I was so worried about it...

When I talked to the recruiter right before I was offered an interview last year, I mentioned the degree. She said that if things get really competitive it can hurt you in getting selected for an interview but at the time, they were interviewing people without a degree (but not without the type at that time).
She said that once selected for an interview, the degree is really not a big deal because they then assume that you are qualified and are looking at your personallity more than anything else.

I did not get the job but my references did get called. I hope to interview again soon! SWA is a great company!

Latest resources

Back