• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Competitive

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
;)According to Cathy, the only ones getting the call right now are typed! SWA needs pilots NOW! They don't have the time to wait for someone to get the type....so if you want the call, GET THE TYPE!!

Tomct said:
;)According to Cathy, the only ones getting the call right now are typed! SWA needs pilots NOW! They don't have the time to wait for someone to get the type....so if you want the call, GET THE TYPE!!

If it were that dire, they could just drop the whole deal, may be even type them in training.

Tomct said:

Got the call last Wednesday & I don't have the type. :) Don't know what their magic formula is.

Good luck all!

FYI

For all those people out in the world without a 737 type. Several friends of mine have been recently called for an interview at SWA WITHOUT THE TYPE.

All of them had high PIC time, well over 3000.

So those without the type do not give up.

Know I do not work for SWA, just keep updating my app.

iflyhigh

Im going for an interview late August. No type, 2600 PIC jet.

I updated monthly, had my stuff in for over a year.

Last edited:
crjdude said:
Anyone know how much turbine PIC it's taking these days to get called by Southwest? Also how important is the 4 year degree?

Thanks

crjdude

Three co-workers just hired. All had less than 2100 hours of PIC time (turboprop) with one down around the 1300 hour mark. All were typed. All in class within four weeks of hiring.

Last edited:
I recently got the invite 6400TT, 2400 turbine PIC (1300 Jet PIC) B737 type (500 in type). Hope this helps.

Great airlines like SWA do not let the 4 yr degree thing get in the way of hiring the right guy.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back