• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Class Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many months to get to Houston? And will SWA be opening a new base by then? Just curious - still hoping for the fingerprint call at #150!

Les

Junior Base Order

The current junior base order is: OAK, PHX, HOU, MDW, BWI, MCO, DAL. These can change but that is the current listing.

The best way to list your vacancy bid is in the order that will give you the best commute. IE, if HOU is easier to commute to then PHX, then pick HOU after OAK. But if PHX is easier to commute to then OAK, then pick PHX after OAK. You do this because if a vacancy opens during the next month and you are senior enough to hold that vacancy, you will move to that domicile. If you are not senior enough you will remain where you are until you can hold that domicile seniority. Hence it could take months to hold HOU or MDW but only one or two months to hold PHX. Whichever is an easier commute is what you want to research and decide how you will list your vacancy bid.

Hope that answered your questions.

BWI-OAK commute

I am looking to get BWI asap also so I have looked into the possible commutes.

Jet Blue has a direct flight everyday from Dulles to OAK and talking with JB guys in my reserve squadron there are empty seats on these flights.

That is probably the best option to commute to OAK from the DC area.

Good luck and see you all in Dallas soon.

Keeb

ATKTK said:
While sitting reserve @ OAK, I asked the CP if he had heard any good news for those of us waiting for the next class. (My only hope for getting off reserve) He said ops has asked the company for two classes per month for six months starting Jan 03. (12 classes total) The request has not yet been approved by HQ, but at least that is what Flight Ops is projecting as their needs.

"Now that's the way....Uh Huh....Uh Huh....I like it."

KC and the Sunshine Band
:cool:

UGApilotDAWG said:
How many months to get to Houston? And will SWA be opening a new base by then? Just curious - still hoping for the fingerprint call at #150!

Les
Just read in the latest union rag that a new base is not in the 2003 budget.

Anyone remember how many classes they usually run in Feb(28 days this year)?
Seems I remember they only do 1 class but hell I've drank since then so ..........?

Latest resources

Back