Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UGApilotDAWG

Hi
Does can anyone tell me when the family medical plan benefits kick in? Do they start day one when we choose our plan or do we have to be at the company for a while before using the benefits? Also, how much is the pay per month while in training and IOE? I know these have been covered by very old threads, just couldn't find them to dig up the info.
Thanks for the help and see the rest of you lucky dogpaddlers March 15!

Aloha, Les

swa info

day 1 for all the medical dental etc......

401K comes about 2 months in

I started on Feb 3, 2003.

1st paycheck - 1475.57 net on 2/15
2nd - 1475.57 on 3/5
3rd - 920.52 on 3/20 (ouch)
4th - 1277.89 on 4/4
on the line after that.

Basically it is $1700 gross minus various items. I don't pay state tax so mine is a little higher than average. The 920 check was low because they took out Feb and Mar deductions for health, vision (optional), life insurance etc........

Hope that helps.

forgot

Thanks Juan, second year pay rocks!

Forgot to add that those paycheck numbers I gave were prior to the 6.something percent raise from last September.

Slug

UGApilotDAWG said:
Hi
Does can anyone tell me when the family medical plan benefits kick in? Do they start day one when we choose our plan or do we have to be at the company for a while before using the benefits?

Aloha, Les

Medical and dental start 30 days from your hire date. If you need continuous coverage use Cobra if its available to you. Remember with Cobra you have 90 days to decide if you want it. In other words if something happens that you need insurance during the gap you can get Cobra coverage after the fact.

When are stock options granted and when is your strike price set?

Thanks

Medical and dental start 30 days from your hire date.
Coverage starts on first day.

Example from Contract (March NH would be 3198 total):
a Pilot hired in July 2004 will be granted 2,906 options in July 2004. From September 30, 2004, through June 30, 2005, the Pilot will accumulate 83 options per month (the step 1 First Officer rate), totaling 830 options. On July 31, 2005, the Pilot will vest in 830 options accumulated during probation, plus 140 options for one month (July 2005) at step 2 First Officer rates, totaling 970. The Pilot will then vest in 140 options for the month of August on August 31, 2005. Beginning in September 2005, the Pilot will vest in 147 step 2 First Officer options through June 30, 2006. On July 1, 2006, the Pilot becomes a step 3 First Officer, and begins vesting in 163 options per month from July 2006 through August 31, 2006. The examples shown above assume the Pilots were on paid status on the first day of the month.
Price is $12.83
I think this is the price for everyone but not sure

price

just looked mine up - it is $12.75, but i don't know what drives it.

I recieved two grants - one of 476 and one of 3867.

Coverage is day 1 not 30.

slug

Dental/Medical Coverage

My Recollection (how's that for equivocation) is that medical/dental coverage begins on day 1 in the the general HMO plan.

After 30 days if you do not elect a different coverage you will stay in the general plan for the remainder of the calendar year.

If you elect one of the PPO variants it begins 30 days after your first day of employment and that plan will stay in effect for the rest of the calendar year.

I think. :)

Last edited:
I enrolled in the HMO day one and it would not pay benefits for 30 days. Maybe there is some kind of interim coverage but I had to use cobra. I guess they just lied to me.

Latest resources

Back