• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA class date and size July/August..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just back from the training center in Dallas. I stopped by PD and all Lindsay could confirm was the 15 July class. Confirmation on the last post, the new sim is up and running but needs to be certified. The sim availability doesn't seem to be an issue due to the absense of a NH class. The sims were wide open after 1500.

More news

I spoke to Chief Pilot at the beginning of my 3 day & he said there are now TWO classes in Aug. I didn't get the date for the 2nd one but the date will probably either be 1 Aug or 15 Aug since those are the only Thursdays left based upon 2 weeks at least between classes. He also confirmed my suspicions that in the past when Capt upgrade classes were scheduled, there were usually 2 new hire classes per Capt upgrade classes. Nothing announced yet obviously but the trend is positive.

Flew with HK the other day, he always flies up front. Great guy & very upbeat obviously. No different up close than from a distance. Very interesting insights & very entertaining. He's optimistic about SWA future, not so for the competitors. One of the nice things about flying the DAL-SAT-DAL run alot, you see HK up close & personal!

For the poolers & others, hang in there. Times will continue to improve for SWA. Always have a back up plan because not everyone will be hired by SWA (certainly not the first time, but there is hope because they hired me & I'm nothing special!). Cast a wide net with the other low cost carriers but don't give up on SWA either. The 2nd, 3rd, 4th time maybe the charm if you can afford the wait. Cheers,

FYI

Classes will start on Monday now due to the new training program...
Now that I posted this, they'll switch to Thursday probably...

Question...

So... two classes in August, eh? Is that this year??

I'm really trying to be optimistic... really! *sigh*:rolleyes:

Respectfully,

RightBettor

A friend of mine was at a job fair last weekend and spoke to a Captain at the SWA recruitment table. He stated that another 200 pilots would be on the property by the end of the year. So 10 more classes, 1 in July, 2 in August, then 2 in Sep/Oct/Nov and 1 in December would add up.
Just got the forms pack to update, and I'm 40 in the poolie list!!:)

Feeling a little optimistic. Been drown proofing since November. Body temp down a little...

I also spoke with a CP today and the word is two classes in August and at least one per month there after..

Hang in there folks..I have a feeling that the pool is about to get alot shallower..Is that really a word?

Anyway..I think Chase is correct about the dates and as Maynard has said they will up and change it as we speak..

Mike
MLBWINGBORN

Very good...

Okay guys, my optimism meter is slowly working its way up a bit. Sorry if I sounded like I was bi+ching on the earlier post. Needless to say, I am happy to be in the shallow end of the pool... oh, and as a matter of fact I will take some cheese with my "whine.";)

Looks like Pegasus and I could possibly be in the same class. I'll pick up a round of nachos and beer in Dallas!! (Do you guys notice how nachos and beer make your uniforms shrink?)

See ya,
RightBettor

July class

Does anyone know anything about the above mentioned intern program? So SWA has 3 interns slated for the July class? Is this a summer program for college kids, or something like UAL used to do, or something totally different?

Just curious. It would be an interesting way for a kid to spend his summer. Years ago during a King Air initial, there were two kids from Purdue getting a Beechjet type rating at FlightSafety while I was there. That deal allowed two of their top students to spend 2 weeks at FSI on the school's nickle, and they graduate the aviation program with a BS degree and a jet type rating. Who says it doesn't pay study too much?

RightBetter..

If you dont start showing some signs of life im gonna bag and tag you..

Next!!!!!!!

Mike
MLBWINGBORN

So Sorry...

Mike,

He's just mad I stole his rubber duckie in the pool. Rightbettor, you can have it back now. I don't need no stinkin duck. Just show me where the LUV latter is.

Latest resources

Back