Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What ever Kramer....

as214 said:
Congratulations dude!! Fuc* college.. When you get hired by SWA I bet you wont even care about that!!ASk Bill ;Gates or P Diddy if they ever regretted not completing college

First off, it's not that easy to get hired. Last I heard, they were taking like 1 out of 4.

Second, Bill Gates and P. Diddy are like one in a million.

Third, you will care if you ever lose your job and your options are $8/hr. at Wal-Mart vs. using your degree to be able to pay your mortgage.

Nice......fuc* college......that's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

capt. megadeth said:
First off, it's not that easy to get hired. Last I heard, they were taking like 1 out of 4.

Second, Bill Gates and P. Diddy are like one in a million.

Third, you will care if you ever lose your job and your options are $8/hr. at Wal-Mart vs. using your degree to be able to pay your mortgage.

Nice......fuc* college......that's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Hey man to each their own.. Some of the dumbest people I've run across in my life are those who brag about their college degrees.. I also know several people personally who own their own businesses that are multi-millionaires and never even went to college.. I also fly for a fractional and flew a gentleman two weeks ago who owned a share.. We got to talking and he told me how he's pulling in 6 million a year trading penny stocks exclusively and he never even went to college.. I feel the University structure in today's America is more of a catalyst for group think and doesn't allow for individual creativity.. When I went to college I was taught International Business and Marketing by a professor that never worked in the real world.. he worked his way up through the University structure.. With that being said, I still think it is better to have a degree than to not have one.. but I just think it is very overrated

Congratulations Mr. Hat we talked in the IAH crew room on Saturday about HP. Good luck and let me know how it goes. :D

Thanks 'yall especially my Expressjet peeps. I wasn't trying to start a debate only to kill the rumor that a degree is absolutly needed to get a call. I will say that I'm pretty sure I would have had a better chance if I had one....I talked to one of the SWA recruiters before I got a call.

I started college, got tired of heavy labor and decided that I should get my ratings and start building flight time while I went to college. I just kept getting lucky and kept getting hired til I ended up at ExpressJet. I do not have enough for a 2 year degree, I only went for like a year an and a half....I know, Im a slacker.

Waborita, I was going to PM you on the other forums but they were down last night. Good luck at HPA.

Rich, I am most definatly a pig but not part of the Pref interview group at Continental. Hired three months too late to be part of that.

Fletcha, DON'T JINX ME BROTHA!

Cheers Neal!

Last edited:
Did you say "word!?" Do yourself a favor and let Albie15 help show you how to handle the college issues. Good luck!

hat, when you refered to , "i tallked to one of the SWA recruiters before I got the call" comment, they said what to you, about you, would have been called sooner with one.....?

what's that mean exactly, I hope you understand my question.

are they getting to applicants they have good times but no degree?

...that they were actually calling applicants with the 4 years before now???

thanks dude, good luck!!!

Guam360 said:
hat, when you refered to , "i tallked to one of the SWA recruiters before I got the call" comment, they said what to you, about you, would have been called sooner with one.....?

I was curious about that myself. My buddy hadn't heard a thing until he talked to a recruiter at an AIRINC. job fair, next thing he knew his phone is ringing! I've been updating my app twice a month like clock work, but no call. I've got the type rating, the four-year and 3,000 PIC 121 turbine. Are they just not calling us turbo-prop guys?

Latest resources

Back