SWA buys ATA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
4 pages

Information like SWA buying ATA could not be released to the employees of the company or anybody else, due to SEC rules. This affects stock price and is considered inside information. I highly doubt some VP is going to give this kind of information out with the possibility of getting in trouble later.

I agree. If a VP did disclose information of this nature he wouldn't be a VP very long.

Standard head shed disinformation campaign to keep the minions talking about things that mean nothing so they don't talk about important things like section 6 or the ever pushed back EFB's, crew bases, 18 month training cycle, etc.

"... IF this were to occur, what would SWA do about the FEFOs and FECAs??" - Nothing. They are current and qualified.

Current - I'll give you that.

Merry Christmas.

Jim,

Maybe buying ATA will fill the gap with all of the close to age 60 guys retiring in the next 18-24 months. With the APA and ALPA against the age increase, maybe the debate will last 2-3 years.... Hey, when do you retire?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Lets see, I make a statement saying that I wouldnt mind Southwest buying ATA and you chime in with the above statement?

If we ever did buy them, they would be bringing there own airplanes to the party so we still need more pilots to fly the planes we currently have coming on line every month. That would be a good time to bring there furloughed pilots back. That could take up almost a year of our current hiring.

If you need to know I am in my late 40's and have plenty of time left!

We probably will go afte someone, just to keep a step in front of whomever Parker puts his sights on...

Whine lover, come to find is a chain yanker too. That's OK.

I remember a couple of years ago one of our respected captains had Denison on one of our flights. He said that Denison thought SWA would buy us in '09.

If this consolidation wave is dead, then I wouldn't expect SWA to buy anyone. If it continues or accelerates, then I'm SWA won't be left behind. That doesn't mean they will buy ATA, however.

Having said that, ATA is for sale, but MP won't lose any money in the deal.

Last edited:
It's done........SWA buys Delta, General Lee becomes #10 from the the bottom of the stapled list. Nice job!!! Nothing like going from 767 fo to 737 fo!!! You sir, are going to disney land!!!!!!!! Welcome to the "bigs." Out with the crop dusters, in with the money makers.

Latest resources

Back