• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Bidding/Pairings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait till you trip trade. Its a mess. You can't drop trips either, like we did. If day is blocked, you can not touch that trip. If doing a 4 day and you want a different 4 day, and the day is min reserve coverage=its denied. Will drive you crazy for sure

Some parts of the SW system are better such as the base flexibility, and a much better give away system as far as a lot more people use it. Not being able to swap day for day to get back home earlier is no good.

Another great benefit is being able to put just parts of your trip such as your last turn on the give away board which helps some get paid to go to work.

Seems the best method I have been told is to put entire schedule on give away board if you are a commuter and then pick up open time for straight pay in domicile if you cant get anything else.

Some say it is not good to take trips for straight pay but for junior folks it seems to be the only way unless you are a cartel member which allows senior people to grab trips then pass them around to their buddies. If you pick up trips for straight time I was told to prepare and put a tarp in bed to make horse head incidents less messy though.

can someone post what your typical 3 and 4 day pairings are worth? Also, if you give it in TFP's do you times that by 1.16 to get hours?
Thanks!

I've found that I don't even pay attention to hours unless I'm looking at a potential legality problem. I don't pick up a lot of extra, so it's not usually a player for me. It's all about the TFP, which has no direct correlation to hours, so I'm always looking for the highest Trip value. A lot of the bid sort programs list the TFP/block hours for the lines since it gives you an idea of efficiency (ie more TFP, less block).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back