SWA Bases for New Hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bally

According to the unoffical SWA pool listing, I hope to be invited to a class within the next two months. Does anyone know if SWA is basing new hires at OAK or PHX?

Happily waitng a long long time to have the privledge to work at one of the ten best companies in the US (according to Forbes), not to mention the best airline of the majors.

Thanks for passing along any information you may have!

OAK???

Ummmmm, if I were a bettin' man ;) I'd say you will not have any trouble getting Oakland if you want it. I understand OAK is likely the most junior base in the system... I could be wrong.

Bally

Have you sent your info in to get on our "unofficial" pool list? Just wondering where you fit into the order.

The FO bases in senority order are as follows..

1.DAL
2.MCO
3.BWI
4.MDW
5.HOU
6.PHX
7.OAK

After your IOE is completed you will get placed based on your class bids..

Mike

Ah shoot.....

The wife wants to move to MCO asap. Must be the cold Wx here right now.....and we live in NC. Looks like I'm gonna be a commuter until the Mouse House slot opens up. Guess I'd better invest in some new Goodyears for the Chevy, and learn to read.

Looking forward to warmer weather and NO STATE TAX.

Knowbody said you couldnt move..Just be careful of what you ask for!You just might get it..!

You can live in central FL and commute thru TPA or MCO to other bases but its harder during "the season" to head south to anywhere in FL as the planes are pretty full..

Also seems to be alot of ups and downs in the staffing in MCO with the guys near the bottom getting bounced back to BWI or even MDW sometimes..

Mike

One other thought..

There are a few guys that live in NC/SC that commute thru RDU..

Maybe stay where you are until you can hold MCO and then go to the Mouse House..

I hear the commute to MDW thru RDU is not bad at all..

Mike

The FO Base seniority listed above is accurate for now but I believe that the April vacancy bid which closes on 27 Feb and posts the following day may shake things up a bit. There will be a plus up of 20 in BWI and 15 in MCO. The typical vacancy pluses and minuses per base are 2-4. For those of you that are really interested, post the seniority question on the 28th and one of us will check the list for the new order. My guess is OAK will still be junior, but the redistribution in April will allow more guys to get their first choices (except Dallas).

Is it possible for someone to get HOU right out of class or is it more likely to get Oakland for several months before getting to an only slightly more senior base (HOU)?
I know there's no such thing as an easy commute, but MSY / HOU is gonna be my commute and thats every 30 minutes!

Aloha from Mardi Gras,
Les

Latest resources

Back