• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA / B737 Type Training ???'s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So does everyone agree with Falconjet regarding getting the type? I don't have my ATP yet...so I think it would be foolish to go to ALL ATPs, then go to HPA to get the type (since they'll throw in the ATP included). It is a bit of coin to get it...but that is the direction I'm leaning.

A couple things.... 1st, I got my 737 type at HPA in January, totally recommend HPA. Top Notch! Myself and many others were able to do it in the -300 because they ran out of -200 sim time. There is no additional cost for this, and it's my understanding that all HPA training will be in the -300 eventually.

I recommend the Amerisuites. The van service was an issue at times, but you can walk to HPA from the hotel.

Don't worry about the memory items, especially for the 1st day. They will give you some wiggle room on those, even in the sim training.

Good luck, you'll have fun at HPA.

Another plug here for K&S. SWA domicile CP from PHX stops by to visit, instructors are great and give it their all, retired-SWA owner knows the biz and bends over backwards to make everything work, examiners on staff can do the ATP with the type if neccesary, 200s and 300s available dependant on price, and Phoenix is a nice place to play golf in the spring ;-)

Your mileage may vary...

T

THRUST LEVER CLOSE
START LEVER CUTOFF
ENGINE FIRE SWITCH PULL
If you get to the sim and recite that as "Throttle closed, start lever cutoff, fire handle pulled" I don't think anybody's going to scream at you. Get the right steps in the right order, don't worry about letter-perfect. HPA has a slightly different outlook than the Air Force did about such things. At least, that was the approach a couple years ago there.
Best of luck!

Here is a little tougher question about the 737 Type for our SWA pilots from a SWA wanna-be:

I have the "Limitation" of 'CIRC. APCH. -VMC ONLY' on my 73 type. The SWA application question asks if you have an "Un-restricted" 737 type? I answered I did not, deciding to err on the side of caution. Would someone that got their type through USAir please comment if this "limitation" was a factor.

Ask USAirways contract training about getting the limitation removed. A friend recently did it through them for a very reasonable cost.

That said, and being just a little bit pedantic here, limitation and restriction are not the same thing. I don't have any restrictions on my type rating, I do however, have a limitation.

Typhoonpilot

typhoonpilot said:
Ask USAirways contract training about getting the limitation removed. A friend recently did it through them for a very reasonable cost.

That said, and being just a little bit pedantic here, limitation and restriction are not the same thing. I don't have any restrictions on my type rating, I do however, have a limitation.

Thanks Typhoonpilot,

I will do as you suggest. I had asked a buddy of mine from the training dept. at USAir (He's furloughed now). He wasn't sure how I could get the limitation removed. But now that I know that it has been done, its's just a matter of talking to right person.

I still haven't heard if SWA even does circling approaches?

GVE

I still haven't heard if SWA even does circling approaches?

FYI.. From what I've been told, they do.

L8R-

Circling approaches are common for SWA in MDW.

Latest resources

Back