• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/ATA revisited

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm pretty sure that when people get into aviation it isn't their dream to be a CRJ CA Mesa....or an ATA (insert seat and equipment here). Let's call a spade a spade...or in this case a stepping stone a stepping stone.

You're right, I bet when you got into the air force, you didn't expect to be serving coffee to the colonel for the next 20 years. :laugh: :laugh:
But you'll at least have a pension!

greenbayfan and Tanker Clown both added to my ignore list.

Life is good!

I have a picture sitting on my bookshelf.

It is of a 5 year old Boy who has just taken a ride in a Stearman at the Kalamazoo County Fair in 1963.

He sat on a box, in the front seat, and remembers vividly watching the right main as it left the grass below it that day, spinning in the slipstream.

He saw Jet Pilots in their Uniforms when the Family dropped Dad off for yet another International Business trip.

He fought against the Odds of color-blindness, delinquency, personal loss, etc. to become a "Pilot".

And he achieved more than many ever thought possible.

The horrible end to that little Story is this:

I was that 5 year old Boy. I have enjoyed all that has transpired between that first airplane ride, and the many years since.

I have achieved everything I have ever desired in this Career, and have been Truly Blessed over the last 20 years of Airline Flying. Thank You Lord.

When I read the things above, I am wholly saddened.

As an Individual, and a Human Being. Let alone as a "Pilot".

God Speed to ALL of you.

But, this Career/Passion/Profession has DESCENDED into something I no longer wish to be a part of.

And THAT...Is heartbreaking.

MKR

Last edited:

It is of a 5 year old Boy who has just taken a ride in a Stearman at the Kalamazoo County Fair in 1963.

He sat on a box, in the front seat, and remembers vividly watching the right main as it left the grass below it that day, spinning in the slipstream.

He saw Jet Pilots in their Uniforms when the Family dropped Dad off for yet another International Business trip.

He fought against the Odds of color-blindness, delinquency, personal loss, etc. to become a "Pilot".

I was that 5 year old Boy. I have enjoyed all that has transpired between that first airplane ride, and the many years since.

I have achieved everything I have ever desired in this Career, and have been Truly Blessed over the last 20 years of Airline Flying. Thank You Lord.

God Speed to ALL of you.

But, this Career/Passion/Profession has DESCENDED into something I no longer wish to be a part of.

MKR

however it was pretty funny when we both showed up in MKE in different limo's while Stinky rode the bus.
MKR go fix your spice rack now

God Speed to ALL of you.

MKR

You didn't sign it "YKW".

How am I supposed to know "WYA" if you don't use "YKW"?????

Tankerclown and Greenbay both are complete JkA$ses. Agreed?

ESPRIT

I agree with MKR. And this thread proves it.

A single bargaining agent would be better for everyone involved. You'll be dealing with a massive whipsaw for the rest of your career without it.

For those who don't think it is happening, or is not going to happen, it has.

There has been flying moved from ATA to NAA.

ATA and NAA people on here will know what it is, if the rest of you don't know what it is, that's fine because it is our problem not yours.

Latest resources

Back