• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/ATA revisited

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
whatever the reason, I sure hope it is a good enough reason to try and bring the NAA and WOA pilots down with you.
You obviously don't understand what a single carrier filing is. The NAA and WOA pilots wouldn't be harmed as a result. Single carrier status would be better for everyone.

That then shows either a lack of initiative, motivation, or brains. Or maybe a combination of all three. When I was a teenager, I cut grass in the summer for money. While the job was rewarding in it's own way, I always wanted to do better. I guess that's where you and I differ.

Why is that? Apparently, some ATA pilots have shown loyalty and perseverance and might have wanted to make a career at one airline. This has nothing to do with laziness or brainlessness.

Your comment here is the one that is brainless.

You obviously don't understand what a single carrier filing is. The NAA and WOA pilots wouldn't be harmed as a result. Single carrier status would be better for everyone.

Last I checked, single carrier status involves merging the seniority lists.

....and no, that would not be "better for everyone". What part of that do you not understand?

Last edited:
Most so called SWA pilots on this thread are either SWA wannabees or just pilot wannabees.

I love Swa, always have. I have many buds at SWA FA friends as well. I know from a businwss level SWA will do all they can to bury the competition, and that includes ATA. No hard fellings but for some to say ATA pilots are creaming in their pants to go to Swa. That's just plain not accurate.

It is true many would like the security working for SWA may have but many also believe there is no security anywhere.

Myself and others have planned a life outside of aviation and do this because working at ATA is rewarding. If Gary Kelly told me I had to be stapled to the bottom of SWAs list while he bought my airline, well I'd decide to respectfully thanks but no thanks.

Who in the hell is saying staple? Come on man. I'm not voting to put the screws to any of you guys IF anything gets done.

Relative seniority is fair. And it's the right thing to do. And yes I'd take a hit because of it.

Gup

....and no, that would not be "better for everyone". What part of that do you not understand?
A single bargaining agent would be better for everyone involved. You'll be dealing with a massive whipsaw for the rest of your career without it.

That then shows either a lack of initiative, motivation, or brains. Or maybe a combination of all three.

Or just maybe I'm quite content making my 6 figure income doing the type of flying that ATA does. I served as a management pilot at 2 different airlines so initiative, motivation, and brains are not lacking. Thinking that you know something about someone because of where they work shows a lack of brains.

While the job was rewarding in it's own way, I always wanted to do better. I guess that's where you and I differ.

How does what airline you work for gauge success? I tend to believe that flying American Troops to remote places in the world more rewarding than trailer park to remote places in Texas.

Why do I feel like I'm talking physics to my 5 year old son?

ESPRIT

Last edited:

Waka... ATA can do it cheaper, so why don't you World pilots come down to their rates or we'll switch flying to them and furlough a whole lot of you?

Now they go to NAA and say, hey, you guys want this flying? We'll transfer the assets over to you if you'll do it for $20/hour less? BTW, you'll all be captains if you do!

The cycle goes on... I wonder how come you don't understand that.

A single bargaining agent would be better for everyone involved. You'll be dealing with a massive whipsaw for the rest of your career without it.

In this case, the lesser of the evils is to combat the whipsaw in future contracts and stay separate. In this case, it would be far more ugly to try and merge the groups because of massive displacements and WA and NApilots would end up on the street. Think about it, 20 some airplanes will probably be leaving ATA and you want to have those pilots to displace pilots at World and North American?

At World, the consensus seems to be that most of us are against integration.....and for good reason.

Not to mention that WO and NA are Teamsters and ATA is ALPA. It would surely be too much of a mess.

Last edited:
Who in the hell is saying staple? Come on man. I'm not voting to put the screws to any of you guys IF anything gets done.

Relative seniority is fair. And it's the right thing to do. And yes I'd take a hit because of it.

Gup

2nd!! ( I would take a hit as well....)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back