Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get out your ladder Brazilian Boy cause this game is OVER

That was a good one. ROFL
Darn! now I have to go find some Windex, I read that and spit coke all over my screen.

Does that mean that the folks at ATA won't furlough half of their pilots? Will SWA offer employment to any of the ATA folks?

And the Rat Pack has spoken.

Now why don't you all go see if you can hit the runway in Chicago instead of the Kraft Cheese Factory.

Squeek, Squeek!!!:D :D

DrunkIrishman said: "Does that mean that the folks at ATA won't furlough half of their pilots? Will SWA offer employment to any of the ATA folks?"

No, not half, maybe somewhere between 20% and 35% would be my guess.

As far as an offer from SWA, I believe that SWA will be offering preferential interviews to pilots furloughed from ATA, but no guarantees of any employment. I do not know if in order to qualify for the preferential interview you must have 1,000 hours turbine PIC and the 737 type rating. Though I guess the current requirenents for a regular interview are not calling for the type???

When Midway went out of business in November of 1991 SWA gave us preferential interviews in December of 1991 at the Palmer House in Downtown Chicago. They let any Midway employee interview that wanted to show up. Pilots didnt have to meet the minimum requirements and some that didnt have the type at the time were told that if they got the type they would get hired. I have a few close friends that this happened to and were subsiquentially hired at SWA. I would assume the ATA senerio would be very similar. Best of luck to the guys on the bottom of the list. I hope we can pick you guys up or that ATA does a quick turn around and can call you back soon.

Chicago won't vote till January per Forbes

According to Forbes, The Chicago City Council still must approve the transfer of the lease rights to the Midway gates. They will listen to what is brought before them, which will include the plus' and minus' of the deal. Could there be changes from the original deal to placate the City?.....you bet. Stay tuned.

anyone remember the Mike Tyson interview where he was asked, "Where do you go from here?"

reply : "I guess I will play with my pidgeons and just fade off into Bolivian."

That seems fitting for Lowecur.

BTW, does anyone know where I can download that sound bite. It is funny stuff!

DrunkIrishman said:
Does that mean that the folks at ATA won't furlough half of their pilots? Will SWA offer employment to any of the ATA folks?

Rumor has it they are going to merge sen. lists by date of hire! :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back