SWA/ATA codeshare ending?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dash Power said:
That is well said. And thank you for trying to make my job easier.

And I do the same for you. Keep up the good work.

Just to be clear, we are only talking about the people we ALL know about. None others. Only one here and there. Most all make my job soooo easy.

Thanks. And you too.

And yes, the ones we all know about. Most all make this job so much fun. Its amazing how far a little mutual respect and consideration goes.

SWAdude said:
Its amazing how far a little mutual respect and consideration goes.

I respect ya Dude, you can be my wingman anytime, I mean Captain.

canyonblue said:
I respect ya Dude, you can be my wingman anytime, I mean Captain.

No..you can be mine!

Wasn't that in a movie somewhere?

Now go back and do some of that pilot sh!t Canyon.

You guys can both pull gear for me anytime!

The whole thing was simple. Had ATA gone chapter 7, MDW gates would have gone up for bid and there is no way the City of Chicago would have sold them all to SWA. So they get into the loan sharking business. Here's some money, pay us back at the end of the month. Don't have the money? no problem, we'll just take one of your gates as payment. Not enough to meet the vic next month? No problem, we'll just take another gate. All your gates are gone? Well, we'll sell the stock and you can owe someone else.
You've already got a deal worked out with AWA? A deal that integrates the list and the employees keep their jobs? Well, we'll place a little call to Boeing and see how they feel about AWA's plans for the ATA leases. Hmmm, imagine that, they didn't like your plan as much as you thought they would. Don't worry, we'll make the whole thing easier by installing a puppet to be your new CEO, a man who couldn't possibly have anything other than the best interests of ATA at heart.

Big business in the new millenium. Find a way to get around the cumbersome shackels of a free marketplace and get 14? gates at MDW without having to bother with bids and anti-trust issues.

With any luck, when the violation is finally complete, ATA will be able to limp back to some charter/military work.

There is a lot of talk about the TWA/AA similarities. There is one major difference, however. TWA guys have an AA number and will be recalled someday.

Hal:

I was talking aobut how it would go if IF IF IF there was to be a future where ATA did international stuff all over for SWA, not what it is like now.

FlyinGuy:
I left that part out because there is no way a full merger will happen.

Latest resources

Back