Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scarlet

SWA Trip Trading vs AirTran Trading

You can Never just drop a trip ! (unless Chief does it) (maybe y all sick events)
You can not Add trips to your sch. (maybe in daily opentime but not Elit)
Opentime is only a 4 day look ahead
You have to publish to give trips away to other pilots, basically like Tradeboard
It is much faster than flica
It is not user friendly like flica
No commutable trips

Operations...
You can never leave the airplane with APU or Ground Power on the A/C, unless you shut the plane down..
Auto Pilot off Auto Throttles off...
Still two engine taxiing

Leeroy is correct..... ELITT, even with alt he current restrictions SWApA negotiated into it, is pretty useful. Adding trips is limited by 30/7 and trip inventory in ELITT. Dropping depends on net zero and DTC, but it is doable if you keep checking it....

SWA Trip Trading vs AirTran Trading

You can Never just drop a trip ! (unless Chief does it) (maybe y all sick events)
You can not Add trips to your sch. (maybe in daily opentime but not Elit)
Opentime is only a 4 day look ahead
You have to publish to give trips away to other pilots, basically like Tradeboard
It is much faster than flica
It is not user friendly like flica
No commutable trips

Operations...
You can never leave the airplane with APU or Ground Power on the A/C, unless you shut the plane down..
Auto Pilot off Auto Throttles off...
Still two engine taxiing

SWA has trips you want to pick up in open time. AirTran does not. There are 25 trips between 3 bases in open time on the 737 CA side. Only one is a four day worth 23:21. The rest are worth 17:00 hours or less. So I don't it matters if you use Flica or Elitt if you don't have anything to pick up those left overs will be flown by the 42% of our pilots on reserve to keep them from having to qualify in the sim.

Leeroy is correct..... ELITT, even with alt he current restrictions SWApA negotiated into it, is pretty useful. Adding trips is limited by 30/7 and trip inventory in ELITT. Dropping depends on net zero and DTC, but it is doable if you keep checking it....

Exactly. Linetuner anyone? :D

I can drop(straight drop) my entire month down to 35 hours credit at Airtran. There are approx 35 trips for Sep in open time. I was under the impression that you cant straight drop at SW. 75% of trips are commutable. I havent worked a weekend in years and im pretty darn junior. I understand that QOL at SWos much better, but us trannies have some goodies that i believe SWAPA may like. Why not take the best of both instead of assuming that our flexibility is inferior in all aspects?

I can drop(straight drop) my entire month down to 35 hours credit at Airtran. There are approx 35 trips for Sep in open time. I was under the impression that you cant straight drop at SW. 75% of trips are commutable. I havent worked a weekend in years and im pretty darn junior. I understand that QOL at SWos much better, but us trannies have some goodies that i believe SWAPA may like. Why not take the best of both instead of assuming that our flexibility is inferior in all aspects?

You r absolutely correct they should try to cherry pick the good stuff. I think the problem is that SWA is so undermanned in reserves that they couldn't cover all those dropped trips. People would end up dropping them and then getting them back at premium.

You can actually drop to zero at AT now. It was 35 previously, but I have been dropping to zero for months now...

There should be some type of minimum coverage.

So if incorrect=please tell me how I have 6 days off and in Elit I would like to add a 3 day...how? You can highlight the trip, but can not click on the save disk as it doesn't turn amber.

Really 4 days look out of open time?

How do I drop a three day on the 18th?

The net zero is pretty much always at zero. (AT guys=thats like the day is blocked, but cant trade a 4 day to a 3 day cause at zero,,,if net zero is 1 then one pilot can lose a duty period, then it changes back to zero and no one can lose a duty period) So no you can't just drop a trip like AT can.

The guys that says incorrect does not back it up with how...

Airtran can trade for all of Sept and if the day is black or red it is blocked=you have to work that day. If those days are green. You can trade away.

So far SWAPA needs to look at Airtran side of the trip trading and head back to 11.5% 401K matching.

Latest resources

Back