• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AT differences on Trip Trading/OPs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It reminds me of the Louis CK clip off of Conan O'brian. Folks talking about how much better Flica is versus Elitt. When we really haven't had Flica all that long of a time. Now suddenly somebody owes you something. You can't trade a trip in a nanosecond, when it used to take hours or days to process? It's amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It still takes hours sometimes in FLICA. Ironically, the old school way of calling up screw sched occasionally works better when there is a hang up.

I can pick up a trip, but not the one I want from Elit...only from another pilot. But all those trips I don't want.

Then pick up a trip from a pilot then elitt to the trip you want. just make sure the trip you pick up can be elitt'd. (if the rig isn't given away in a partial it can't be traded).

There are some helpful things in the AirTran way of trip dropping, that's for certain. The ability to straight-drop a trip if the coverage is positive is certainly nice. Of course, with the reserves we're carrying it's not a problem, they'll just assign it to a reserve before the 48 hour run-down for Premium Pay so it never goes Premium.

Overall I like their system better, but it would be nice to be able to straight drop and have open time available the entire month. It sure is nice to do 90% of my trading in the first 24-48 hours after daily is open, have my line almost exactly like I want and able to give that schedule to the fiance' for monthly social calendar planning for the entire month and not waiting to see what I can snag 4 days prior.

Sounds like if you want to really work the system, you have to practically live on your computer???

What is wrong with taking things that work best from both airlines ?

Because you can't have both methods. They wouldn't jive with each other. The things you want to bring over wouldn't work with the way swa has things set up (staffing, conflicts with current elitt, ttga, etc.)

Latest resources

Back