• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess because they don't see it as free since they have to supply the manpower to put the entry together.

I agree with your point though. Even if they did drop down a few notches on the list I would think that making the "best companies to work for" list would do wonders for recruitment. And since they pride themselves on being picky about the people they hire I think that having someone in the People Department spend some time on getting an entry together would be well worth it.

I can understand that they had other things to worry about after 9/11, but I was surprised to see they didn't choose to participate this year. Oh well, maybe next year?

Fortune 100

SWA chose to not participate for the past several years if I'm not mistaken. The reasons have been highlighted already. With times being what they are & resources being scarce, I'm glad they've allowed their folks to focus on doing what they were trained to do versus chasing numbers & supplying them to others. In a previous life I hated it when inspections came around & all the window dressing got put up & everyone jumped through hoops taking time away from their jobs & family but adding no value to what one was doing. I'm glad SWA has diminished the emphasis on such things. I believe the evidence of SWA having an unprecedented run of having the lowest overall complaints on service speaks volumes about how we treat our customers & the loyality most employees have toward the company speaks volume about how the company treats its internal customers. Is it perfect? No but few jobs are.

Folks have pointed out the nature of big business & how brutal it can be. In a previous life with everyone's favorite Uncle I can say also it was at many times very unforgiving, uncaring & oblivious to the individuals & individual needs. Many take that for granted & I understand the services were in existance before I got there & are still going along fine with my absence (just like any company would).

Therefore the indictment that any company isn't interested in me as a person can be lodged against all services also. The key is the leadership at the time. The folks in the company/service who directly supervise me are whom I'm speaking of. In my case in most instances (certainly here at SWA) they showed (currently showing also) an interest in me & my family. However, being no-noticed to go to the sandbox isn't quite like getting JA'd on a daughter's birthday IMHO! It's all relative. Cheers,

Latest resources

Back