• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Application Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Word is there are now over 5000 apps on file for the 100 positions sought. Good luck folks.

There was 5000 apps on file last Wed! Its been a week since then... I'd guess there is closer to 7000-8000 on file by now. Good luck to everyone, there are a lot of qualified pilots right now!

FWIW, I got hired the second time...They were big into what you did to improve yourself ie. Check Airman, Community Service, Etc.

Good Luck,
KBB

Improve yourself? Please.

"Well, sir. Since I was here last I became heavily involved with Habitat For Humanity. Oh, and I also began to donate my time to the battered women's shelter."

I can sort of see the check-airman thing having some relevance (although, let's face it, a lot of those guys standards/checking guys are some of the biggest tools on the planet, both aeronautically and personally, at least where I work), but all this just sounds like so much resume padding.

Improve yourself. Whatever.

You don't need any LOR's until you get the call.
This is per RJ and Gina in the PD. It also
also states this every 7 mins in the crew
lounge! Good luck hope this helps

Anybody else having trouble adding the resume to the application? I've tried both a .pdf and a .doc and all it says is "loading" but no movement of the progress line. It's been this way for 15 minutes. Anybody? Thanks.

I got the initial application completed and resume uploaded, the status reads closed, and it's end-of-business on the 23rd. No link was emailed to me to complete the thorough application, with detailed flight times.

Anyone else in this boat? Did we miss this chance? Is the window closed only for the initial application, leaving hope that we may get the link emailed to us to complete the process?

Fingers crossed!

I got the initial application completed and resume uploaded, the status reads closed, and it's end-of-business on the 23rd. No link was emailed to me to complete the thorough application, with detailed flight times.

Anyone else in this boat? Did we miss this chance? Is the window closed only for the initial application, leaving hope that we may get the link emailed to us to complete the process?

Fingers crossed!

The last day to submit your profile on the SWA site was Mar 23rd by 5pm CST.
Most people received the email with the link to the third party site within 24hrs of posting their profile @ SWA.
The closing date for completing/altering the application on the 3rd party site is Mar 27th @ 11:59 pm CST.

I'm guessing the earliest anyone will hear anything would be late Mon 28th or later.

You didn't say when you filled out profile, but if was more than 2 days ago and you didn't get the link, then you may not have met the criteria somehow. Keep trying if not!

So as a dispatcher, I applied, got the "received application" message from the company, and that was it... there were no supplemental emails requesting anything for us (dispatchers) it sound from above that the pilot applicants are getting extra forms to complete for flight hours.. is that correct...?

OR should every one being considered have received a follow-on email of some sort?

Since you are already an employee, perhaps it works differently. Regardless, I'll account the process that 2 friends both experienced.

1. Both had a current profile online @SWA site prior to first officer posting. Both received email acknowledging setup of profile. (For some, this could be email #1)

2. Both applied to job posting for first officer on SWA site. Resume had already been uploaded with profile, so both only had to fill out the questionnaire. The questionnaire is undoubtedly is a means of elimination. Both must have passed that part because they both received email #2 ( for those who didn't have a profile online prior to the opening of the first officer posting,this might have been email # 1) acknowledging receipt of the application.

3. Both received email #3 directly from SWA People Dept within 24hrs with an attached link inviting them to go there to continue the application process for further consideration. The link was to a website called pilotcredentials.com, and is the same site being used by FedEx. They set up login info and filled out everything from education history, residence history, criminal history, flight times for different aircraft flown, et...... something like 8 or 10 different sections. Took them each several hours.

The SWA site job posting for first officer went away yesterday as advertised. Now the careers page shows the star of the month again, instead of a giant grinning pilot.

My buddies say their applications on the third party site are still open and accessible for altering. The cutoff for this was indicated in email #3 as Mar 27th @ 11:59pm CST. This email also indicated they would receive a confirmation email when this second application was complete. No one seems to have received it yet, so I guess that email will go out Mar 28th when the system closes.

And that's all I could dig up.

One more thing, one of the guys applied to job posting #14881 @ 9 am Mar 9th. The last posting he saw was #14971 yesterday. That works out to be a new job posting for first officer each day it was open. Heard that the SWA system has limitations for number of apps per job posting, but don't know what that # is. But it looks like as each first officer posting filled and the apps reviewed, they were then closed and a new posting opened, which is why your app says closed and you can't access it. That happened to everyone whether they were used or not.

Last edited:
The last day to submit your profile on the SWA site was Mar 23rd by 5pm CST.
Most people received the email with the link to the third party site within 24hrs of posting their profile @ SWA.
The closing date for completing/altering the application on the 3rd party site is Mar 27th @ 11:59 pm CST.

I'm guessing the earliest anyone will hear anything would be late Mon 28th or later.

You didn't say when you filled out profile, but if was more than 2 days ago and you didn't get the link, then you may not have met the criteria somehow. Keep trying if not!

Got the link emailed today. Thanks for the reply petitepilot!

Last edited:
Make sure you are using Internet Explorer. I had the same issue with google chrome.

Edit: I just remembered the posting is closed, hope you got it figured out!

Sent from my Epic 4G using Tapatalk

Latest resources

Back