SWA Application Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Snaab

In the "attachments/resume" section of the Pilot Credentials site, are you only supposed to upload a resume? I was under the impression that letters of recommendation would be taken at a later date, such as time of interview. But I see an option to upload letters of recommendation here. Is this preferable?? Also, if you have a list of references (3) in the "references" section (current SWA employees), should you ALSO get accompanying letters of recommendation to upload in the attachments/resume section?

I appreciate any serious input. Thank you.

last time I did this, you could only bring the LOR's with you, if there is an option to upload, I would upload, calling the PD department might be the best answer.

If there's an option to upload them, then other applicants will be uploading them. It sets a standard for what they're seeing. If you don't also then it may appear you don't have any, didn't want to bother with it, or didn't have the technical skills to do it. Having the option raises the bar so to speak, for what hiring folks are seeing come across their (electronic) desk.

I would do both, upload what you've got and then take those and any additional ones you get later with to the interview.

Caveat--I don't work at SWA. This is just job app common sense. If others are providing info you'll want to as well, and blank spaces are bad. Upload at least one to fill the square.

Or, they don't care. But since you don't know, you can't take the chance that they do.

Last edited:
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but did anyone receive a confirmation email after completing your profile on pilotcredentials.com? I have all green check marks, but haven't received an email that it was submitted. The previous email from SWA indicated that we would get a confirmation email after completion. Thanks.

In the "attachments/resume" section of the Pilot Credentials site, are you only supposed to upload a resume? I was under the impression that letters of recommendation would be taken at a later date, such as time of interview. But I see an option to upload letters of recommendation here. Is this preferable?? Also, if you have a list of references (3) in the "references" section (current SWA employees), should you ALSO get accompanying letters of recommendation to upload in the attachments/resume section?

I appreciate any serious input. Thank you.

I'm just guessing, but I don't think it matters if you upload LORs. The screening of the apps is being farmed out to an outside vendor. SWA will probably set the criteria for what the computer spits out...which means the presence/or absence of LORs will not be a factor.

SWA will initially set the criteria as...give me all candidates who are typed on the 737, have at least 250 hours PIC in the last 24 months, with total time above 5000 hours or military time above 1500 hours. That will give them the first batch of 500 to line up for interviews.

Again, just my opinion.

I haven't received any confirmation after uploading, what does that mean? Or more accurately what do you THINK it means, because I don't think anybody on FI really knows.

SWA will initially set the criteria as...give me all candidates who are typed on the 737, have at least 250 hours PIC in the last 24 months, with total time above 5000 hours or military time above 1500 hours. That will give them the first batch of 500 to line up for interviews.

Again, just my opinion.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! I sure hope their not looking for who has the most PIC time in the last 24 months to be a FO for the next 10 years! Wide body Int'l FOs can make just as good a candidate as RJ CAs. I hope that because I haven't logged turbine PIC time in 4 years, doesn't put me in the bottom quarter.

PtP

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but did anyone receive a confirmation email after completing your profile on pilotcredentials.com? I have all green check marks, but haven't received an email that it was submitted. The previous email from SWA indicated that we would get a confirmation email after completion. Thanks.

I'm sitting at the same point you are.

I'm thinking we might see something after the window closes.

Good luck!

Latest resources

Back