• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Apllication Winow Opens 9/12

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you can be happy with making 140-180K a year the rest of your life from the right seat then apply.

If you think SWA's pay will never go down, then you're delusional.

I can agree with this^^^^^^^

Anyone who's been following this industry for more than 2 weeks should agree with that. :)

Two in my class just a few years ago were hired without the type. 1000 pic IS required. I was told by the hiring lady 1200 to 1500 is best but it never hurts to try

If I recall didn't the minimum used to be "1000 turbojet PIC where you were the pilot assigned as the PIC for the flight" or something like that?

Now it's just turbine? I've got it if my turboprop time counts but if not I don't.

If I recall didn't the minimum used to be "1000 turbojet PIC where you were the pilot assigned as the PIC for the flight" or something like that?

Now it's just turbine? I've got it if my turboprop time counts but if not I don't.

To the best of my knowledge, it's always been "turbine" time, not specifically "turbojet." Perhaps people have reported it to you incorrectly, just interchanging the two words without thinking. Otherwise no former P-3 or C-130 guys would have been hired, and we have lots of those guys.

The only turbine time that doesn't count, is specifically listed as excluded: turboshaft, as in a helicopter.

Bubba

Minimum Requirements for Consideration
USA DOT/FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (ATP)
2,500 hours total flight time, or 1,500 hours total flight time in a turbine aircraft
A minimum of 1,000 hours in a turbine aircraft as the PIC. Only time in a fixed wing aircraft is
counted toward this minimum;
this specifically excludes simulator, helicopter, WSO, RIO, FE, NAV,
EWO, and UAV.

Latest resources

Back