• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA announces new Denver service

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And you SWA guys are proud of these fares? When airline pilots (your friends) are losing jobs, and fuel at an all time high, your airline pulls this stuff. I am all for an open market, but I would also expect to pay a fair price.

I am fairly certain that not ONE pilot at this company got a phone call asking what should be charged for flights out of DEN. Our company is making us competitive. Maby you should blame your mgmt for making you un-competitive. I will never be "proud" that other pilots lose their jobs. I have been one of those pilots. Should Manning have thrown his last two passes in the stands so that the Patriots felt better at the end of the game. Good luck to all of us. Don't hate the pilots, hate the game.

Anyone know what happened to that? Long way from the pleated Khaki "mom pants" they wear these days. It's like they just got off of their shift working at Target.

As I was approaching the security line in PIT a while back I see a bunch of people in the crew line. I initially thought they were regular passengers or non-revers trying to sneak through more quickly and since the line was so long I began to proceed to the front when one of these unprofessional looking people asked where I was going, I responded that this is for crews only. Yup, you guessed it, they were all southworst FA's. Needless to say I never fly swa and had no idea what their "uniform" (and I use that term loosely) looked like. I couldn't believe an airline would condone such an unprofessional and disheveled look from their employees. If they were rampers maybe, but a flight crew? Atrocious!

Someone mentioned hot pants and go go boots back in the day? Well it's a good thing they are not wearing that attire any longer with the winners they are hiring now, because the cleaning crew would constantly be cleaning up the vomit that most people would spew at the sight of these folks.

Funny thing is, most of the folks at southworst are their by default. If they had their way they would have been at the likes of Pan Am, TWA, Eastern and the other legacies. Before 9-11 southworst was the booby prize among airline pilots. If you couldn't get on with 1 of the 6 remaining legacies or the 2 cargo carriers worth working for prior to 9-11, their was always a job waiting for you flying all the white trash and ghetto gang bangers in those dirty puke brown and orange planes!

I can tell you that I am not here by default...nor are "most" ( as you say) of the folks at Southwest. The vast majority of the Pilots are here because they want to be here.

Are the pilots at your company not happy there? Maybe thats the type of people you are exposed to. What about you? Are you happy with your employer?

SWA always was my 1st choice. Not having the money to get a type in the 737, I took a job at a legacy airline, eventually upgraded in the ...737...got the type, and sent my app to SWA the very next day. Got hired 5 months later

Believe me...one doesn't spend bucks, or invest time and effort into a type "just because"....

Your comments lead me to believe you are not happy with your lot in life and can't stand competition.

Remember, competition is a way of life in this country...Americans love a winner....they don't like losing...

Buck up, buddy...get yourself in fighting shape...and get out there and compete...Oh...thats if your management will let you.

As I was approaching the security line in PIT a while back I see a bunch of people in the crew line. I initially thought they were regular passengers or non-revers trying to sneak through more quickly and since the line was so long I began to proceed to the front when one of these unprofessional looking people asked where I was going, I responded that this is for crews only. Yup, you guessed it, they were all southworst FA's. Needless to say I never fly swa and had no idea what their "uniform" (and I use that term loosely) looked like. I couldn't believe an airline would condone such an unprofessional and disheveled look from their employees. If they were rampers maybe, but a flight crew? Atrocious!

Someone mentioned hot pants and go go boots back in the day? Well it's a good thing they are not wearing that attire any longer with the winners they are hiring now, because the cleaning crew would constantly be cleaning up the vomit that most people would spew at the sight of these folks.

Oh give me a break! You've never flown w/SWA...why don't you fly w/us sometime to give yourself a little more credibility. I would put our FA's up against any others in the industry and they would do very well. Every company has their good and bad eggs. For SWA the focus has not been on pretty uniforms, but on taking care of the customer...nothing cosmic, but something other carriers seem to forget.

I invite you to fly with us sometime to see how we operate. Do that, then you can critique as you see fit!

I especially like the "pfo" letter Herb used to send to complaining pax..

I can tell you that I am not here by default...nor are "most" ( as you say) of the folks at Southwest. The vast majority of the Pilots are here because they want to be here.

I understand how you would believe that to be true but I will continue to call BS on your assumption until everyone hired before 9-11 took a lie detector test and I saw the results with my own 2 eyes. What current pilot at swa hired pre 9-11 is going to admit that swa was their booby prize. They would be shunned by all the post 9-11 kool-aid drinkers yall have over there! yall are living in a fantasy world created by your management team not grounded in reality.

funny how nearly 100 million people/yr choose to ride on such a "disheveled" operation to get to where they want to go.......hmmmmm. You sure have it all figured out for having never even ridden on a SWA flight.

Fancy uniforms don't mean a whole lot when they're in a museum 'cuz the op went out of business.

fly safe.

I understand how you would believe that to be true but I will continue to call BS on your assumption until everyone hired before 9-11 took a lie detector test and I saw the results with my own 2 eyes. What current pilot at swa hired pre 9-11 is going to admit that swa was their booby prize. They would be shunned by all the post 9-11 kool-aid drinkers yall have over there! yall are living in a fantasy world created by your management team not grounded in reality.

are you sure you're "grounded in reality"? It's not 1985.

Oh give me a break! You've never flown w/SWA...why don't you fly w/us sometime to give yourself a little more credibility. I would put our FA's up against any others in the industry and they would do very well. Every company has their good and bad eggs. For SWA the focus has not been on pretty uniforms, but on taking care of the customer...nothing cosmic, but something other carriers seem to forget.

I invite you to fly with us sometime to see how we operate. Do that, then you can critique as you see fit!

It is true, I have never flown swa.

I am not questioning their ability to do their job only that they look dreadful!

And I thank you for your invitation, I'm sure you would be a kind host, but I fear I would walk away from the flight a little lighter in the wallet, which is understandable I'm sure you'll agree, considering 1 of your passengers would probably pickpocket me or outright mug me.

are you sure you're "grounded in reality"? It's not 1985.

What ashame!! Good music, good memories of childhood dreams of becoming a well respected and compensated airline pilot. The envy of many! Well, I made it as an airline pilot, as for the well respected, and compensated...*sigh*

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back