• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA and the ex military Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a maroon.........I bet you are fun to fly with!!!!!
Personally, I think that the airlines should fill their new-hire classes with ONLY military guys. Any left over slots can be filled by highly qualified civilian guys if the company can demonstrate a need.
.[/QUOTE]

YGBSM said:
You beat me to it.

Wow! both of you guys are just as quick witted! :rolleyes:

It is the truth. I have never heard a civilian complain about other "civilian" pilots. But I have heard on many occasions former military guys complain about other "military" pilots. The common quote is " why can't they just get over it."

The only reason there is the military vs civilian thing is because of some of the ex-military guys. They have left the military and entered the civilian world and expect us to enter the military world. I must say that most of the ex-military guys you wouldn't know unless they told you that they use to be in the military. The other minority, well, it is quite different. Anti-social if you ask the flight attendants.

TAZ MAN said:
No kidding. Especially when you get someone to put you on their "ignore" list. Some people get wrapped a bit too tight on a forum based on hiding behind a mask.

By the way, military pilots suck as airline pilots. Ask the instructors.

Hmmm...I guess there are gross generalizations. If I was to put one with the civilian dude, I would say that they are 2 dimensional and couldn't spot another airplane to save their life, but I don't want to start something up here becasue I suck as an airline pilot...I'll ask the instructor...oh wait that is me and I told myself that I suck. Well better to suck as an airline pilot and point the nose at the ground to drop bombs than to not suck as an airline pilot. WOW...what asperations.

-W-

white E said:
Hmmm...I guess there are gross generalizations. If I was to put one with the civilian dude, I would say that they are 2 dimensional and couldn't spot another airplane to save their life, but I don't want to start something up here becasue I suck as an airline pilot...I'll ask the instructor...oh wait that is me and I told myself that I suck. Well better to suck as an airline pilot and point the nose at the ground to drop bombs than to not suck as an airline pilot. WOW...what asperations.

-W-

Because we can't spot another airplane?? Is this really a problem??

Case in point. :rolleyes:

I have had many instructors talk about the problem with the military guys coming through training. Even our VP of ops, former military, has mentioned the fact. So Mr. Instructor on the E-145, you can't tell the difference?? You are then in the minority.

TAZ MAN said:
The only reason there is the military vs civilian thing is because of some of the ex-military guys.

or because somebody (military or civilian) keeps perpetuating the pathetic argument

Good Luck.

kilroy said:
Was in BHM last week on a ron the following day got a shuttle ride to the airport with 2 SWA pilots. Could tell these guys were ex military from a 1000 feet. So I made the mistake of trying to be friendly start a conversation. I must tell you this was the most arrogant, stuck up crew I have ever had the misfortune of talking to.

Are all ex-military in love with themselfs. There were other people on the bus pax for the airlines and I was actually embarrassed talking to these guys by how much the loved themselves.

I've met alot of SWA guys and typically there all great friendly, easy to talk to and down to earth. I don't think I could last one day on the road never mind 4-5 days. How do you normal SWA guys handle these clowns for days on the road ?

They were probably still upset about having to pay for training.

TAZ MAN said:
Wow! both of you guys are just as quick witted! :rolleyes:

It is the truth. I have never heard a civilian complain about other "civilian" pilots. But I have heard on many occasions former military guys complain about other "military" pilots. The common quote is " why can't they just get over it."

The only reason there is the military vs civilian thing is because of some of the ex-military guys. They have left the military and entered the civilian world and expect us to enter the military world. I must say that most of the ex-military guys you wouldn't know unless they told you that they use to be in the military. The other minority, well, it is quite different. Anti-social if you ask the flight attendants.
Come on Taz, admit it, you were booted out of ROTC under the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy, weren't you??
Not that there is anything wrong with that. . . just stay in touch with your feelings. . .

Latest resources

Back