• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA and the B717

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
8 717's are "owned", all 8 have been encumbered under a debt facility. None of the 717's are owned outright.

78 717''s are leased. 41 of the 78 were sale/lease back transactions, the other 37 were purchased by a third party and leased to airtran. The leases expire through 2022.

Boeing could care less what happens to the 86 717's, there have been sold and the lease payments are going to someone else.

I have heard that Boeing has told WN that if they like the 717 and want more that they would be willing to resurrect the Long Beach assembly line. My guess is if that happens someone like DL will order over 200 right away to replace NW's DC-9's.

That's interesting, I wasn't aware of that. I have heard that Boeing would be willing to start production of the 717 again if we were interested in getting more than can currently be had on the open market. Maybe they plan to use existing facilities in and around Seattle then. Who knows.

Don't forget the 2 that are coming in Feb 2011. Boeing Leased I believe.

Those two are part of a 737 deferred delivery agreement. Airtran deferred the delivery of some 73's and BCC made them assume five 717 leases. The agreement has many layers and the 717's can be converted to 737's. If Airtran has the liquidity/intent, they will turn into 73's pretty quick.

Those two are part of a 737 deferred delivery agreement. Airtran deferred the delivery of some 73's and BCC made them assume five 717 leases. The agreement has many layers and the 717's can be converted to 737's. If Airtran has the liquidity/intent, they will turn into 73's pretty quick.

Are you at Airtran now?

Damn that's almost funny in an ironic way.

Gup

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back