SWA and Reserve

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Turbojet said:
Reserves work 15 days a month period. This yelds either 15 or 16 off for the month (depending on how many days in the month). February is adjusted to a 30 day month by taking a day from Jan and March I believe. You can work extra days if you want and that is extra above your garantee.

TJ

SWA does not adjust the months by stealing days from other months. Feb is 28 days period which makes it harder to earn your normal trip total, and some trading abnormalities that take a little longer to learn. I think the guarentee is 85 for that month. Reserve lines can be built up to 17 days with not more that 4 days in a block and built to avoid single days off. Contract spells it all out but I usually go crosseyed reading it, and tend to interpret it wrong.

I am just starting to apply for the regionals now, but is it true that southwest wants to have 10000 pilots by the year 2010?

I have heard both numbers but 7500 is the more conservative one so go with that and be happy if its more. Its still a whole lotta growth. What do they have now? 4500-5000?

Last edited:
Without having to start a new thread, let me ask a new question:

In SWA, what is JA and how is it different than reserves?

Latest resources

Back