• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA and Reserve

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What do you mean by reserve? Like military reserves? Being on reserve? Could you narrow the questions down.

2 hour call out. No ready-reserve. 15 hour sit-period each reserve day (AMs start about 0330 and PMs about 1030) with automatic release at 10 hours in on the last day, provided you haven't been used. each day is credited at 6 trips toward a monthly line guarentee of about 90 trips in a typical month, you usually overfly that though, figure 100-110 in MDW. 15-16 days off a month on reserve depending on if it is a 29-31 day month. also they can change the reserve times you sit any day BUT the first day of the block, which you have to give them permision to do.

Last edited:
canyonblue737 said:
2 hour call out. No ready-reserve. 15 hour sit-period each reserve day (AMs start about 0330 and PMs about 1030) with automatic release at 10 hours in on the last day, provided you haven't been used. each day is credited at 6 trips toward a monthly line guarentee of about 90 trips in a typical month, you usually overfly that though, figure 100-110 in MDW. 15-16 days off a month on reserve depending on if it is a 29-31 day month. also they can change the reserve times you sit any day BUT the first day of the block, which you have to give them permision to do.

I wish every company had a reserve policy like that..................................

PLEASE SWA PEOPLE DEPT. IF YOU ARE CALLING PEOPLE THIS WEEK FOR INTERVIEWS............., I'M RIGHT HERE NEXT TO MY TELEPHONE :)

Sounds like a Cake walk. I did three + years here at Express when I upgraded....don't you get something like 15 days off on reserve as well? Plus you can pick up for a premium on your days off?

Never before have I hoped to be on reserve on Christmas Day......this year, I'd be thrilled about it!!

Reserves work 15 days a month period. This yelds either 15 or 16 off for the month (depending on how many days in the month). February is adjusted to a 30 day month by taking a day from Jan and March I believe. You can work extra days if you want and that is extra above your garantee.

Not every reserve line works holidays. For example this month I have the 4th of July off. Other than not knowing what your schedule will be until you are called out...not too much diference in time or/pay between reserve and a junior line.

Cheers,
TJ

at least in MDW you work basically every day on reserve, maybe 1 off a month... but it is very, very rare to get a 2 hour call out. most assignments are given the day before the block with the remainder a typical 4-5 hour leadout. you can give away reserve but it must be as a block, you can't give away individual days. you can pickup on your days off and everything pays 2nd year in that case... which is almost twice the first year pay.

That sounds pretty sweet! Especially getting used on reserve days. If I am so lucky to be hired and get BWI, I'd be driving to work on reserve days regardless of a trip assignment just because of the distance. If I DID get a 2 hour call out I'd never make it from home. Reserve is not usually the best place to be at any airline but it sounds exceptional at SW. I've read quite a few threads on the subject and it sounds like if you pick up on days off you can make almost what I am making now which will make the first year much easier. Second year is way beyond what I make now. Plus picking up on days off helps the company out so its a win/win.

I recently got back into "Nuts", I've read it before but it was a while ago....I really hope I am what SW is looking for! It sounds like such a great place to be.
Cheers!

Captzaahlie said:
I wish every company had a reserve policy like that..................................

PLEASE SWA PEOPLE DEPT. IF YOU ARE CALLING PEOPLE THIS WEEK FOR INTERVIEWS............., I'M RIGHT HERE NEXT TO MY TELEPHONE :)

Ditto brother, ditto.

enigma

Mr Hat said:
Sounds like a Cake walk. I did three + years here at Express when I upgraded....don't you get something like 15 days off on reserve as well? Plus you can pick up for a premium on your days off?

Never before have I hoped to be on reserve on Christmas Day......this year, I'd be thrilled about it!!

Not to try to one up ya..... but I did 4 plus years on reserve after upgrade.
Still waiting for the people dept phone call this morning ......(although I'm not holding my breath, too much stuff to do on my day off) I promise to interview better this time honestly! :) Just give me another chance... I'd be happy to be on reserve for SWA for even another 4 years with 15 days off a month!
Enjoy it man!
Truly happy for you,
Steve

Latest resources

Back