• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA and references

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yesterday, Lyndsey Lang said not to worry if your references haven't been contacted. I would feel a lot better if they called mine. Kind of a warm feeling I guess.

I also look at my history at the interviews. The first time I interviewed with SWA in 2005, no references called and got the letter. This year in 2006 when I interviewed, my references were called and I got the job. I guess anything is possible since others said they had none called, but I highly doubt they (the interviewers) would say any different.

Well, I have some recs called. Some had written letters of rec and others were SWA FOs with online recs. SWA didnt seem to talk very long. In fact, my current boss was told to call back and "leave a message on the voicemail." Now it is day two after the DB without a call yet. Guess we all can only keep the fingers crossed and think positively :) Good luck to all!

Guy's I just thought I'd throw this in. My references we called by SW and I was turned down for the job. Then I was offered a FO position on the MD with FedEx. There are at least three guy's I know of, who were turned down by SW and offered the MD by FedEx. I wish you all luck with SW but if it doesn't happen, remember there are other companies out there.

Guy's I just thought I'd throw this in. My references we called by SW and I was turned down for the job. Then I was offered a FO position on the MD with FedEx. There are at least three guy's I know of, who were turned down by SW and offered the MD by FedEx. I wish you all luck with SW but if it doesn't happen, remember there are other companies out there.

How does that work over at FedEx? All thought all new hires went to the panel on the 727 or is that changing now and going straight into the heavy right seat? Just curious.

MD10, same story here.
328: Last summer was a first for FedEx as far as hiring into the right seat of the widebody. Some are getting the right seat of the 72 as well. That works out by seniority number, based on SSN, so that when you get to indoc you have a choice between the panel and the FO position (if any available).
Word is that there may be another round of hiring into the widebody FO this summer. I sure hope so.

The Wide FO seats pay more though right? Are the senior guys offered bypass pay if they could hold that seat? I don't have the payscale over there so are the 1st year rates the same for both the narrow and the wide?

No, unlike UPS the payscale differs between the two. As far as bypass pay is concerned, I'm not really sure. The wide FO first year pay just went up to 56 + change with the signing of the most recent contract.

Latest resources

Back