SWA and IPADS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My iPad has a 220v dryer cable conversion - charging can be inconvenient

Awww, come on guys, it's so simple maybe you need a refresher course... It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Don't go with the Bad Elf.

Works good, but if you bump it a little and it unplugs, it turns off and has to recapture the signal again.

Anytime you switch away from the APP it's using it turns off and it has to recapture the signal again.

I have the DUAL GPS. It's bluetooth, so you can place it anywhere, but it must be charged, that the downside.

Stays on when you switch APPs up to 5 or 10 minutes.

I have used both in general aviation and the DUAL is a MUCH better product.

I heard that we are in the process of developing an OPC size case for the ipad that will allow us to continue to use the OPC cradles. Not only will the large padded case provide excellent protection form the elements, it will serve as a state of the art dinner tray making airbus very jealous.
:)

I know a lot of General Aviation guys use this solution:

http://bad-elf.com/

From their FAQ:
Will the Bad Elf GPS Receiver work on my Wi-Fi only device?
Yes. The Bad Elf GPS does not require any internet connection (Wi-Fi or 3G) to work. ...

I use a Dual GPS with my iPad 1 in my Cessna. The Dual connects to the iPad via Bluetooth, and has phenomenal battery life. It works very well, but if I was flying 50-80 hours a month I'd invest in an iPad with an internal GPS.

In the service of Mr. Conrad Kalitta....We have a fairly logical system:

1) EFB attached to the aircraft at each Pilot/FE station.

2) All electronic manuals issued on disc and at least 2 shipboard computers to use them on.

3) Ships Library of all paper manuals / charts etc.

4) Everyone carries some form of computer (personal property) loaded with manuals or able to play the current disc.

If you have a personal preference as to how and where to get your information and you can't figure it out with all the above options....well, we all knew a kid like that once , didn't we ?

:)

YKW
you use disks? That's so 1995.

Latest resources

Back