• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA and class-action suit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If true(which I highly doubt), it is sad to the sue-happy, entitlement mentality infiltrating the ranks of pilots.

RM

If the rumor is true I hope the plaintiffs are blackballed from the industry. The idea that WN discriminates against military pilots is preposterous. Of course the plaintiffs may feel that one civvie pilot is too many. WN does a great job of integrating pilots from a variety of backgrounds. Let's hope this is just another baseless rumor. I'd hate to see WN have to spend a dime defending itself from such a frivolous suit. They need those $'s for pilots and shiny new 73's.

Another WN wannabee

SWA likes Military guys. They also like Civilian guys too.

I have heard the opposite of what your guys are reporting here. Rumor online is that the interview process has more ex-military interviewers then civilian. Also, that more military guys are being called then civilian to interview. If true, I don't like it. I feel, it should be 50/50. It is probably just a trend that will go the other way soon? So if more Military guys are being called to interview then more military guys will be rejected, understand? Bottom line is if SWA doesn't think you have the right personality you will not be hired. Ask any of the former astronauts that have been rejected..... and you thought a couple of shuttle landing would be good enough? sometimes NO at SWA.

What SWA/FO said.........

I find it quite humorous if it is true.

Heck, when I was hired, there were 5 (very highly qualified) civilians in the class of 20, and that was a common breakdown.

Its all nothing but BS..May even be a prod from the press looking for trash to put together a story ..

Ive seen it done before on other boards.

Mike

That's pretty funny. I can picture a group of self appointed greatest aviators on earth reactions when they didn't get hired.

Our interview people have built in BS detectors. Most of the time they work just fine.

On top of that they post the list of pilots being interviewed in each pilot base and the company asks us to put in our two cents worth. If we see a bad guy on the list, we can down them by computer. Same time, if we see a good guy we can send in a good report and hopefully help them out.

Just my take but the kind of guy that would sue over not getting hired isn't SW material even on his best day.

Latest resources

Back