• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are referring to our furloughs in 2008. Our management has said several times that it was a mistake. Please don't make the pilot group at AirTran do time for our managements poor decisions. We never claimed they were smart, but after that bad decision they decided we need more pilots, and started hiring and it kept going monthly.
For the guy who thinks the SWA pilots are getting nothing out of this deal. Maybe the pilots of Airtran can get together and have a bake sale monthly and all proceeds will go to you.

Bake Sale. LOL!

dh82dvr, my ADD kicks in as well. I love a dead heat in a blimp race.

OYS, in the great scheme of things, the AT guys are getting a nice raise, benefits, domiciles and other things that have been posted before. A SW pilot will not get any of these, ok ATL as an additional crew base. Other than the new base, what do they stand to gain that is ‘fair and equitable’? I hope the SLI is fair and equitable for all. Another USAir/AWA acquisition is not what needs to happen.

Go steelers!

"BTW DOH would increase every SW Pilot's seniority significantly, but hurt Airtran guys up to 25%."-
Funnyman- can you tell me about the gains junior SWA FOs would see w/ DOH? When was the last time AT hired prior to the snapshot- it's my understanding that we hired a few hundred in 2008 after AT stopped hiring- meaning strict DOH would have all those FOs at the bottom of the snapshot list-
Do you think that's fair?

Pay is a good argument- most airlines you give up the seniority of being a senior FO to be a junior captain for 30-40% more pay- AT is getting the 30-40% up in pay and a huge stress release by gaining swa mgmt and no looming strikes - how can that not be considered-

Last edited:
Pay is a good argument- most airlines you give up the seniority of being a senior FO to be a junior captain for 30-40% more pay- AT is getting the 30-40% up in pay and a huge stress release by gaining swa mgmt and no looming strikes - how can that not be considered-

You guys crack me up. You just don't quit, do you?

For every argument you raise, there is an equal and opposite argument. These things have all been debated ad nauseum. How about giving it a rest?

Hundreds of people left majors and the military for UPS between 2003-2008 BECAUSE of the "stability and job security." Very similar to the same group leaving for swa up to 2000.

Interesting analogy. One major difference is the result.

You don't need to understand fuel hedging to look at decades of profitability and debt vs equity.

Latest resources

Back