• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WN has upgrade roughly 1,000 Captains since 1/1/2006 - or 60% of the entire AAI seniority list.

Is that what you were looking for?

Gup ;)

I asked in a previous post, how many have upgraded from 2009 until the announcement Sept 27 2010? or How many did you hire in 2009 until the announcement?

Not a good bet. It's an thinly veiled threat that you have no way of following through on. It's not what's best for your company, your fellow employees or the shareholders. It's also the exact opposite of what your/our boss has been saying consistently.

I know that was pretty blunt and if I offended you I apologize. The atitude you just described is seen by AirTran pilots as a coercive attempt to affect our decision making. Nothing more.

An SLI that you or I don't like will not destroy a culture.

You make a lot of sense. However, do think your new boss would rather have 6000 disgrutel pilots or 50% of the 1700 new pilots? The reason I say 50% of the 1700 is because most likely 50% would be happy with being on the bottom. There would only be 50% of the 1700 that would be unhappy.

We didn't hire any but we didn't furlough any either.

Gup

You are referring to our furloughs in 2008. Our management has said several times that it was a mistake. Please don't make the pilot group at AirTran do time for our managements poor decisions. We never claimed they were smart, but after that bad decision they decided we need more pilots, and started hiring and it kept going monthly.
For the guy who thinks the SWA pilots are getting nothing out of this deal. Maybe the pilots of Airtran can get together and have a bake sale monthly and all proceeds will go to you.

LOL...... good response.

I don't expect you to COMPLETELY pay for your managements decisions but you cannot be separated from them entirely either. Use your new SWALife login and have a look around. See the difference yet?

You will.

Welcome aboard.
Gup

LOL...... good response.

I don't expect you to COMPLETELY pay for your managements decisions but you cannot be separated from them entirely either. Use your new SWALife login and have a look around. See the difference yet?

You will.

Welcome aboard.
Gup

I already have. I think all AT pilots have. FA's also. Thanks for the welcome aboard. I hope we can settle this stuff with as little strife as possible. I think we all look forward to the future. Consider me one of the pilots who aren't looking for a seniority bump, but something fair.

Well guys your SLI predictions are not supported by any method of a past arbitrator's ruling. You may be correct but my understanding of the judicial system suggests that you hypothesis is very unlikely. An arbitrator will make sure that no SW pilot is PRESENTLY affected negatively by the SLI. Arbitrators won't play the "what if" game on lots of growth or stagation predictions for the future. Read arbitrations over the last couple decades, less than DOH never happened and yes ere large pay differences between some of the airlines involved. I re-iterate....I believe no SW pilots seniority should be negatively affected.

That's why "relative" is often used, because if you were at 60% on your list and flew weekends, you would end up at the same level at the combined company. Arbitrators have liked that method recently, not helping you or hurting you. Since SWA is older and bigger, they may bump SWA pilots up 5% or so in relative seniority, but there will still be both sides near the bottom of the eventual list.

OYS

I already have. I think all AT pilots have. FA's also. Thanks for the welcome aboard. I hope we can settle this stuff with as little strife as possible. I think we all look forward to the future. Consider me one of the pilots who aren't looking for a seniority bump, but something fair.

Just remember that management will sign your checks, not SWAPA. You really don't have to thank them for anything. The SLI is business. Seniority is forever. You will work just as hard as GUP will for your company and it's profits. After it is all over, then you guys can hug and dream about being number 1 in ATL.

OYS

Last edited:
Wow, your first smart thing you have ever added to FI. Congrats.

Now you know why the SW F/O’s are concerned. I would be too if I were in their position.

Thanks? The AT guys are concerned too. But, give the arbitrator panel the info, and they should fairly decide it. Do you think they wouldn't? Why would you or any other naysayer NOT want it to be fair?

OYS

Latest resources

Back