SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sixth,

We will have all the gates we need to be a pain in your butt. Bet on it !! We've been #3 in DEN, just moved to #2.

The most ironic thing about this whole arguement is the fact that it has already played out once before...

When Delta decided to sell a hand full of old DC-9's to a new start up called Valujet. Guess what? Valujet and then Airtran has been a pain in Delta's ass ever since. Now that pain continues with SW taking over...all from selling a couple of planes back in the day.

What a brilliant move on the part of Delta back then, did the guy that approved that deal get a promotion? HaHa.

Sorry, I had to lift some weights quick, ride a bike in the 4 car garage, and then get laid. It didn't take long, but it was long.......

Bye Bye---General Lee

This is the funniest thing I have ever read on this site. Are people suppose to be impressed with your "4 car garage"? Kinda shows exactly how big a kook you are. Are you the guy who has the flip picture book of all his big boy toys?

The most ironic thing about this whole arguement is the fact that it has already played out once before...

When Delta decided to sell a hand full of old DC-9's to a new start up called Valujet. Guess what? Valujet and then Airtran has been a pain in Delta's ass ever since. Now that pain continues with SW taking over...all from selling a couple of planes back in the day.

What a brilliant move on the part of Delta back then, did the guy that approved that deal get a promotion? HaHa.

Not to mention, providing the training and gates... classic DAL arrogance..

Sorry, I had to lift some weights quick, ride a bike in the 4 car garage, and then get laid by OY6. It didn't take long, but it was long.......

G. Lee is a tool.

I agree with this statement fo sho. I could see being a little annoying is there were 4 gates. 32 gates? We're going to be a pain in the ass.

Gup

Do you really think it will be like nobody else was there, and then out of nowhere a LCC shows up? DL has been dealing with Airtran for years, with all of their 32 or whatever number gates. Southwest will have to start paying those same people twice what they currently make, and then remove the first class section of their seating. You may try to add additional flights per day, but that is limited by what the airport can handle too. DL already handles your competition in SLC, which never did seem to affect DL much. Go ahead, be the pain in the arse that you think you will be, like you are sorta to USAir in PHL, sorta.

Bye Bye---General Lee

This is the funniest thing I have ever read on this site. Are people suppose to be impressed with your "4 car garage"? Kinda shows exactly how big a kook you are. Are you the guy who has the flip picture book of all his big boy toys?

Hey, I married a gal that is wealthy (well, at least her dad is). And, I actually eat STEAK with a fork and Knife at least 4 nights a week! MY LIFE IS FANTASTIC. I even drive a 2002 Mercedes!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Partially correct. Delta did sell Valuejet some DC9s way back when, but they went out of business on their own after the meltdown over Miami. Then a 737 operator, named Airtran and partially owned by Mesaba, merged with them and gave them the name. They have been the LCC answer to people in ATL since then. Had Airtran the 737 operator never merged with Valuejet, they would have been out of the way a long time ago, and those same planes would have gone to the desert. You left out that part, RED.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Not to mention, providing the training and gates... classic DAL arrogance..

I beleive the ATL airport gave them the gates. Training? Delta farms out training to a lot of different airlines. Delta now has two huge training facilities, and it is common to see a lot of INTL crews walking around. World Airways does MD11 stuff there, and Aeromexico too. Speaking of farming out training, isn't that how most SWA guys got hired? Saving SWA big bucks from not having to spend money on what normally is a "congrats" for having the qualifications we are looking for? Instead, most pay and continue this terrible practice. SHAME ON YOU SWA, SHAME ON YOU.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Glad you liked it General. Can we now talk about Delta? When do we get to talk about Delta?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back