SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nindiri, that was funny.

Lear, you aren't "reading it differently", you are ignoring the conditions you find unpalatable.

Any doubt in you mind should be cleared up by Gary's comments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W56PqTbFzz8&NR=1

The simple point is that Southwest favors a negotiated deal for the certainty and speed it provides. The process agreement is structured so that everyone has something at risk in arbitration.

What could be more fair?

There is risk for everyone in arbitration, but that may be more favorable then agreeing to a negotiated settlement with SWAPA. Why would there be penalties for taking it to arbitration? Eventually the Airtran guys and Southwest guys will be paid the same, but arbitrators will give everyone a FAIR spot on the list. That sounds more PRUDENT to me.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Maybe we should keep the energy into the negotiations first and sit back to see where the openers come in. SWA as a group would be better served negotiating this deal. The what If will sort itself out if that line is crossed. As for arm chair experts, your pushing spaghetti back in the box. The third party experts are only agitating the process. Right now it comes to the in house work between the two sided plus their council. Sorry to the experts who didn't get selected to participate.

Sure it would be better to negotiate something, but MOST of us arm chair experts have watched your group and it's tactics before. We also read posts on here that are alarming at the least. The only way to fairly take away all bias and to expedite the process is to use arbitration. Two groups can argue for years on each position of the list, and that delays compensation for the incoming group, which is unfair if the incoming group is producing revenue for the newly merged company. Every merger involves this, and both sides are always friendly at first, but then tensions rise when each side points out their own idea of the merged list. It is just easier to allow someone else to decide what is fair based on testimony and recent precedence. If you want fair, that is the way to do it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General why do you care? Truly we all want to know.

I enjoy this industry, I enjoy this website, and I enjoy the process. I have been there personally. I have been through this. I am here to help, everyone.

Why do you NOT want my advice? Some may. Am I agitating the situation, or making some people think about the right direction to go? What are you afraid of?

Bye Bye--General Lee

I have been there personally. I have been through this. I am here to help, everyone.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

This is the opposite end of the spectrum from what you've been through. I'm pretty sure neither side needs 'your help'.

How about this, why don't you chime in on Delta threads instead of every Southwest thread that's ever been posted? Need me to go back in the Southwest threads and prove my point?

RF

Why do you NOT want my advice?

Because it is based in ignorance: you are unfamiliar with the contracts, transition agreements, process agreements and even the personalities involved.

For the last ten years you have taken every opportunity to malign Southwest Airlines and its pilots. You aren't giving "advice", you are pursuing the same old agenda. Please stop spamming the SWA AAI threads.

Agreement, which I'm attempting to "agree to disagree as gentlemen and move on", why are we still arguing this?

Because you are making assertions which are unsupported by the language of the process agreement and public comments made by our CEO.

General,

This is the opposite end of the spectrum from what you've been through. I'm pretty sure neither side needs 'your help'.

How about this, why don't you chime in on Delta threads instead of every Southwest thread that's ever been posted? Need me to go back in the Southwest threads and prove my point?

RF

Thanks for elevating me to God status. Nobody has to take my advice, but you think it is relavent. Thanks for that. All I am saying is let the process be fair, and we all know that arbitration will afford that. And you are free to post on any Delta subject too, and I will probably be there to refute it. That is what happens on a public forum.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Because it is based in ignorance: you are unfamiliar with the contracts, transition agreements, process agreements and even the personalities involved.

For the last ten years you have taken every opportunity to malign Southwest Airlines and its pilots. You aren't giving "advice", you are pursuing the same old agenda. Please stop spamming the SWA AAI threads.

You make it seem hard to understand. It is not. Every recent merger has had arbitration to solve the SLI. To think you can do otherwise is naive. These Airtran guys should watch your "benevolence" very carefully, thanks to previous negotiations with other groups like the Frontier guys. I am just professing a fair outcome, which some people, like yourself, want to avoid. Arbitration will allow that. Calling me ignorant is really just trying to take the spotlight off of what is really going on here, and everyone needs to know that. And, this is a public forum, right? Go make your own private forum and try to invite Airtran pilots on there. I am sure it will be the next FACEBOOK. You can coin the phrase, "Ivauir me!" (I want 50% of all profits for coming up with that) Oh wait, that may also be a phrase used at a place like the Blue Oyster Club.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back