Stated their intent to abide by Bond-
McKaskill legislation.

It will go to arbitration and will most
Likely result in a fair, relative seniority
SLI.

No one will lose their present seat or upgrade
Potential.

Why is this so hard to see?

Now that is what I call fair! Happy Easter!

OYS

Where's the equitable? ;)

Gup

You may not get much out of the deal other than a stronger company. The FDAL guys I talked to about our merger (when I wasn't here) said they got some stock, a small raise, and that was about it. The FNWA pilots got a 30% raise per hour, stock, kept their frozen pensions, and got new choices for bases. Sometimes one side gets more, but overall everyone wins with a stronger company. The FNWA guys I fly with most of the time don't seem that mad with the overall deal. I bet you will feel the same eventually.

OYS

Last edited:
So GK basically hands the keys over to the arbitrators and they tell him the date to implement their seniority list?

Not GK.. the pilots of SWA and AT. We have until 30 SEP to see is we can figure this out. Then it goes to arbitration. GK approved this when the process agreement was signed. An ISL award from the arbitrators is supposed to be implemented on a date all parties agree to. If they don't agree the arbritrators set that date. It just can't be before SOC. At that point I believe it becomes GK's call again. Whether to combine the companies or not. But the ball is officially out of his court until around 1 FEB (30 days after 30 DEC). This is how I understand it. At this point I don't feel as if I have alot of control over the outcome.

Not GK.. the pilots of SWA and AT. We have until 30 SEP to see is we can figure this out. Then it goes to arbitration. GK approved this when the process agreement was signed. An ISL award from the arbitrators is supposed to be implemented on a date all parties agree to. If they don't agree the arbritrators set that date. It just can't be before SOC. At that point I believe it becomes GK's call again. Whether to combine the companies or not. But the ball is officially out of his court until around 1 FEB (30 days after 30 DEC). This is how I understand it. At this point I don't feel as if I have alot of control over the outcome.

GK doesn't want to be the next Doug Parker dealing with 2 pilot groups forever. He wants it done, and then labor peace. It sounds like you AT guys have the control, since you don't have to accept a BS offer from SWAPA, and if they don't give you a sweet offer that is fair, you can roll the dice with the arbitrators, which will still give you a better deal then SWAPA alone. Good for you, and good for fairness.

OYS

I'll say it again. I think it will be negotiated and when the dust settles, we will look at it and it will make sense. By the end of July is my prediction. The respective nc's are smarter than anyone on FI.

As a side note, I was having dinner with one of my best friends, a teacher. He is one of the most intelligent people I have ever met. He has a family and his wife lost her job last year. They have been struggling financially and all of the sudden the car started falling apart and the house needs a big repair. He holds his head high and keeps on trucking.

This friend has made me realize how petty this SLI argument is in the grand scheme of life. Admittedly, I have been worked up over this in the past but refuse to be in the future. My friend deserves much better but he ain't getting it. AAI guys need to appreciate the opportunity and we SWA need to appreciate what we have. It will get worked out and it certainly won't happen on here.

Here is to a speedy resolution that is palatable to the masses!

Happy Easter to all! He is Risen!
Well said, and hope your Easter was an enjoyable day of reflection and celebration! :)

Wabbit season!!!
*snicker* Double entendre theater... well-played, sir! :D

OYS,

You may be right, all the SWA pilots get will be the chance to work at a stronger company, the AAI pilots may be the big winners in this deal. This new company will be of GKs making. It is up to him to make it right. He can do this with his pocket book, or by keeping the companies separate. I predict the former...

The problem with the Airtran deal is the watering down of the southwest seniority list with pilots from a B scale wage, crappy benefits and a sh!tty company to work for. It is like combining United with Skywest in terms of pay.

You made your own bed by working for a scumbag carrier led by maggot management. Better learn to deal with it or your head is going to get handed to you. Your not holding any cards.

Wow, I guess I'll get on the back of the bus if I ever see you riding in the front. I certainly don't wanna end up with a rope burn on my neck.

Am I the only one that sees talk of "no guarantee of maintaining SWAPA's contract" talk while forgetting that we have negotiated 10% pay RAISES WITH RETRO in the past 18 months? To further raise the bar.

Gup

Kinda reminds of all the AAI guys who want to negotiate with their current 'post-SW announcement' contract. Plainly, that contract wouldn't have happened without GK making his announcement.

It's gonna come down to arguing pre-Sept. 26 contracts on both sides. What were the career earning potential at both airlines then?

With AAI low payscales (then) and no end in sight from AAI management, and a impressive +90% stike from the pilots to walk away and shut it down... will be eye opening for the three arbitors.

Southwest had no forseen labor strife what-so-ever. And I know it's not the fault of the Airtran pilots, it is/was a horrible management team you had to deal with. But the facts are the facts, and that's what will be argued.

So GK basically hands the keys over to the arbitrators and they tell him the date to implement their seniority list?

You already know the answer to that one! NO!

All we get from the arbitrators is a list - what Southwest Airlines does with that list is up to them.

Listen carefully, All we get from the arbitrators is a list. Thats it. :erm:

Just hope these few turkeys on flightinfo.com don't poison the rest of the decent trannies out there.

:beer: (Lear70 buying me a beer)

Latest resources

Back