• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about staying at your current CBA payrates and benefits + or - any future percentage increases/decreases that SWAPA gets. For this you stay at your same relative seniority. Would that be acceptable?

I doubt they would go for that but that presents a really good and fair argument.

How about you offer them this vs a straight staple. Or better yet, let the AirTran pilots vote on either of the two: staple or keeping same pay and benefits and keeping relative seniority.

I bet they'd happily vote for staple.

Problem is that they want it all and want SWA to give up everything while they get everything but give up nothing. Astounding! Very greedy.

I'm going to say this again because you clearly missed it. Try reading it slower this time.

The SWA contract has an ammendable date, it is NO GUARANTEE of future earnings for AirTran pilots or SWA pilots much beyond that date. However, you believe I should take a seniority hit so that you can get a seniority bump. Yeah, OK.

Are you so smug to think that your stellar contract will always be what it is today? Maybe, maybe not. History says it won't. Look around man. Your contract was nothing special back in 2000/2001 when SWA was losing pilots to UAL/DAL/UsAir/etc all of which had far superior contracts. Take the blinders off. Guarantee me better pay/benefits for the remainder of my career and we can talk about me taking a hit in seniority. Until then, I'd feel better taking my chances with an arbitrator who understands the cyclical nature of the airline
business.

Again, your current CBA guarantees AirTran pilots nothing past it's ammendable date. The arbitrators will know this.

Good Luck. Happy Easter.

Very smart. How many times in history have negotiators screwed up and later found to have made ties with the other side, or just totally missed something in contract negotiations? Remember, pilots aren't professional negotiators, even though we think we can be. Let the SLI go to arbitrators, along with your lawyers, and let them find a FAIR solution to the seniority list. People who fear an arbitrated solution have something they are hiding. In the meantime, happy Easter!

OYS

Last edited:
Problem is that they want it all and want SWA to give up everything while they get everything but give up nothing. Astounding! Very greedy. [\quote]

We haven't asked SWA to give up anything.

Look, I'm done with this. Good luck to both sides. We'll just have to wait and see what the arbitrator thinks is "fair and equitable". Hopefully it is something both sides can live with.

See ya.

I doubt they would go for that but that presents a really good and fair argument.

How about you offer them this vs a straight staple. Or better yet, let the AirTran pilots vote on either of the two: staple or keeping same pay and benefits and keeping relative seniority.

I bet they'd happily vote for staple.

Problem is that they want it all and want SWA to give up everything while they get everything but give up nothing. Astounding! Very greedy.

Please list what SWA pilots are giving up. Not one dime. Not one benefit. Upgrades? AT is bringing airplanes to this deal, not only pilots. Their 717s are just as big as SWA 735s. Stagnation? Well, maybe due to their overall youth, but that is natural in any merger. AT is also adding new slots at DCA, more at LGA, and a whole new hub at ATL that really wasn't open to SWA before. That is what the combined group gets, while the SWA pilots don't lose one dime. Dispute that Bob.

OYS

Last edited:
Problem is that they want it all and want SWA to give up everything while they get everything but give up nothing. Astounding! Very greedy. [\quote]

Look, I'm done with this. Good luck to both sides. We'll just have to wait and see what the arbitrator thinks is "fair and equitable". Hopefully it is something both sides can live with.

See ya.

Again, very smart. Spread the word. Don't think you need to give away anything to pilots who aren't losing anything in this deal. SWA management will be giving you paychecks, not SWAPA. You don't owe them anything. Arbitrators will see your part in the puzzle fairly, not SWAPA or even ALPA. Trust outside neutrals first. Eventually things will smooth out, but you will actually be in the correct spot after arbitration. And, everyone can blame the arbitrators if they disagree, and not you or the other guy. Good luck.

OYS

See ya.

The problem with the Airtran deal is the watering down of the southwest seniority list with pilots from a B scale wage, crappy benefits and a sh!tty company to work for. It is like combining United with Skywest in terms of pay.

You made your own bed by working for a scumbag carrier led by maggot management. Better learn to deal with it or your head is going to get handed to you. Your not holding any cards.

The problem with the Airtran deal is the watering down of the southwest seniority list with pilots from a B scale wage, crappy benefits and a sh!tty company to work for. It is like combining United with Skywest in terms of pay.

You made your own bed by working for a scumbag carrier led by maggot management. Better learn to deal with it or your head is going to get handed to you. Your not holding any cards.

This is an example of what MAY be talked about between certain SWA crewmembers on any particular SWA flight. These people talk to their reps. They want certain things, and don't really care what is actually fair. Arbitrators will see your actual value, and will place you fairly in the list. Don't think there aren't attitudes like this within SWAPA's upper ranks, or maybe even their negotiators. Go for arbitration, and reread the above post again.

OYS

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back