SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Dicko!
I didn't make any commentary. I think every airline (mine included) has had issues like these. In fact I believe our friends at the TSA have been involved with many more "False Accusations" than successful one's.

Fair enough.

I understand that you didn't make a comment. You did however post it in a 'SWA/AirTran Process agreement' thread.

There was already a thread addressing this subject at the time you posted it here. What was your point ?

Last edited:
I posted at 8:47. He/She started their thread at 9:06. If you are taking issue with "thread on topic" on this particular thread, then I think you are going to have a long day calling out all the guys talking about their breakfast, kids baseball games etc. Whatever!

I posted at 8:47. He/She started their thread at 9:06. If you are taking issue with "thread on topic" on this particular thread, then I think you are going to have a long day calling out all the guys talking about their breakfast, kids baseball games etc. Whatever!

Very true. I misunderstood the intent. Mea culpa.

No worries :)

So GK was lying to the WSJ?

OYS
I'm not calling my CEO a liar but I'm saying it's in the interpratation. The "growth" is coming in the form of the acquisition. There was no growth before at either company and in my opinion the yields will not support any growth afterwards.

I'm not calling my CEO a liar but I'm saying it's in the interpratation. The "growth" is coming in the form of the acquisition. There was no growth before at either company and in my opinion the yields will not support any growth afterwards.

Not entirely true. AirTran had hired 160 or so during 2009/10, up until the announcement in September. We also had taken deliveries. Captain upgrades were going on monthly. We had growth. All growth stopped when the announcement was made, but Captain upgrades continued. Not trying to start an argument or make it sound like I don't want to merge with SWA (ultimately that's what a statement like this gets twisted into), but I just wanted to point out a fact.

You'll be eating lower seniority for breakfast soon. It won't taste great.

OYS
OYS I love your agenda. Do you really think stirring the pot on Flight Info will save your job? This combined company will be a major source of problems for your financially weak one. If I lose senority in this deal it'll still taste better than your forthcoming layoff notice from DAL. What do you think happens to junior pilots after you lose over $300 million in one quarter?

Not entirely true. AirTran had hired 160 or so during 2009/10, up until the announcement in September. We also had taken deliveries. Captain upgrades were going on monthly. We had growth. All growth stopped when the announcement was made, but Captain upgrades continued. Not trying to start an argument or make it sound like I don't want to merge with SWA (ultimately that's what a statement like this gets twisted into), but I just wanted to point out a fact.

Not to get into details but I think given the yields debt/leverage and route structure that AAI was at the end of its organic growth potential.

AirTran CEO Bob Fornaro stressed in a conference call with reporters on Monday that AirTran had "done a lot with not much" in terms of financial resources, but that it was becoming less clear that AirTran had the ability to grow and remain competitive in an industry where the size of a carrier's route network is increasingly important.

Last edited:
If I can STF - EVERYONE can do it! :D

Gup
Gup Am I still allowed to remind OYS that his company lost $300 million in the last quarter? Also am I still OK to point out OYS's agenda? He is very scared of the combined SWA/AAI. I would be too if I were junior at DAL.

Salad for lunch. It was very good.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back