• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it is a little irksome to hear Ty talk about all the money he is going to be making as a SWA CP, when SWA junior CPs and LCs may lose their seats...

I've never said squat about making more money, except a joke about affording a show. If that irked you, you've got issues, pal.

What I HAVE said is that I don't need the extra $50k and my seniority isn't for sale.

I get tired of reading "Ty said" stuff that I've never said. If I'm going to be the scapegoat at least find stuff I've actually said....You may be surprised.

Last edited:
OYS/GL/-9CPT/Et.al.,

Both sides have a lot to gamble on here...SWA pilots have no contractual gains as a result of this acquisition and will probably have AAI pilots on the list ahead of them...AAI pilots gain a better contract/company/career potential/LIFE...for that they must give up seniority, the only question is how much...so what is so unfair about that?...or is it fair for the AAI pilots to keep same rel seniority, be operated separately as Guadalupe Holdings with the pay and benefits gain of the SWA contract...the latter may be the best outcome...

Fairly well said.

How Many pilots has southwest airlines furloughed in it's 40 year history?

Anyone? Anyone?

Ty you are easy target because people know your name. It is not cool that it got so personal. At the same time you had a good ride for a while. Just think if gen lee got outed he would be trashed.

Last edited:
And remember Straight relative or DOH would place several hundred SWA at the bottom of the combined snapshot list....(?) that doesn't quite affect me- but I couldn't vote for that. CJ shouldn't be senior to AT Capts, but we bought AT- their guys shouldn't end up with a several hundred pilot cushion after the deal, when our guys just have the new hires since- that would be crazy to me to be bought and end up with huge raises, 8 more bases, better schedules, no strike looming, better mgmt, better culture AND an increased seniority cushion...??

That's way too much-

What I HAVE said is that I don't need the extra $50k and my seniority isn't for sale.

Sometimes you have to pay the cover to get in the Joint.

27, So if this were to go relative, every SWA guy would lose money because of the inherent slowing of their movement up the seniority list

Actually, just the opposite is true.

Your movement up the seniority list should be much faster once the "synergies" are realized. Don't think so? Ask your boss. GK never turns down an opportunity to talk about the growth this merger brings. SWA gets AirTran deliveries, cities and slots which brings growth you wouldn't have seen otherwise.

WSJ article 5/10/11:

Gary Kelly, Southwest’s chief executive, said the AirTran acquisition was a thrifty way to expand.

“It wasn’t do we grow Southwest, or do we buy AirTran? It was, we need AirTran, so we can grow in the future,” Mr. Kelly said.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back