• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

I guess we can both agree that we hope this whole thing blows up and goes away...and you can stay at AAI.

Idle threat alert! GK wants this done, along with Wall Street.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You know the BEST part about not being a Mod anymore?

"Bob Dylan is now on your ignore list."

:D

Back to (mostly) lurking... Not worth the angst with our future coworkers. You guys and gals have fun out there today! :) Going to enjoy the last of my 24 hour LAX layover; the beach was awesome, got some goodies for our back end return crew and some awesome sushi (some of the best in the country is here on the left coast). Life is good, enjoy it! :D

Lear,

Wait until you and Ty fly together and have sushi in LBB and MAF! Captain Ty can buy for everyone. Is saki a part of the 1 2 3 rule? Ty will be able to afford it, all of you will.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Two points - although your point about history guaranteeing that pay, QOL, and company stability change is valid, it is also valid to point out that historically (without exception) SWA has exceeded AAI in every category, throughout the lifetime of AAI. There is nothing that suggests that would change in the future.

Secondly, although you are afraid of "giving up seniority", I think you have it wrong. No one is going to ask you to give up seniority, mostly because on the SWAPA master pilot list, where you will end up, you currently have no seniority status at all. What we do expect is that the seniority that you accrued at AAI will be fairly and equitably translated to appropriate seniority on the combined list. The inclusion of "equitable" in the A/M provisions implies that all seniority is not inherently equal, and that a fair solution requires making an equitable conversion. As a tongue-in-cheek example, it would be similar to coming back from Mexico and converting your pesos to dollars. Obviously, they are valued differently because they were earned in different environments and surely you wouldn't expect to receive 1 P per $1. Similarly, it would be neither fair nor equitable for the seniority you earned at Air Tran to be converted to SWAPA seniority on a 1% for 1% basis i.e. relative seniority. (BTW, my peso analogy was not meant to offend, you guys are not Mexico to our United States - probably closer to use the $ vs the Euro ;)).

As to what's "fair and equitable", hopefully our NC/MC's can figure that out. If not, it will be what the arbitration panel says it is. At the end you will "lose" all your AAI seniority as they'll cease to exist and it will be replaced with SWAPA seniority, at an exchange rate TBD. The only guarantee I will make is that you will still be senior to everyone you are senior to now :D.

Respectfully and Fraternally,
PapaWoody

But, as the Process Agreement states (as signed by all parties including GK), if there isn't an agreement on the SLI, it will head for arbitration. I don't trust anything that one Union with a large stake in the outcome prints as an agreement for the other. Just take it to arbitration, and let them deal with it afterwards. GK wants this deal done, and arbitration is the fair way to really get your EARNED seniority. Why let SWAPA decide where you fall? Let someone looking in from the outside with no stake in the outcome decide.

And read that last sentence of his above. It is obvious that you will stay senior to someone below you on your OWN list, but that is all he is guaranteeing. If you should be senior to Papa Woody, then you should be on the combined list. An arbitrator would figure that out.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Lear,

Wait until you and Ty fly together and have sushi in LBB and MAF! Captain Ty can buy for everyone. Is saki a part of the 1 2 3 rule? Ty will be able to afford it, all of you will.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Capt. Ty often treats the whole crew to dinner and drinks on AAI pay . . . . what am I supposed to do on SWA pay? Throw in a show, too? ;)

Idle threat alert! GK wants this done, along with Wall Street.

Bye Bye---General Lee

We actually agree On something. Yes he wants this thing done. That however is contradictory to your statement.

I'll say again, you guys thing the more you post the same, identical piece, the more of a chance is has to all of a sudden become true, fact or an honest variant of some sort of manipulated opinion.

Good try however. And classy!

Anyway moving on ... I think we can all agree GL hosts the post arbitration party. Just not sure if that is being that part is not spelled out. Oh yea, you forgot about that. I think it's more along the lines of you keep repeating yourself. It's ok. Stay classy!

But, as the Process Agreement states (as signed by all parties including GK), if there isn't an agreement on the SLI, it will head for arbitration. I don't trust anything that one Union with a large stake in the outcome prints as an agreement for the other. Just take it to arbitration, and let them deal with it afterwards. GK wants this deal done, and arbitration is the fair way to really get your EARNED seniority. Why let SWAPA decide where you fall? Let someone looking in from the outside with no stake in the outcome decide.

And read that last sentence of his above. It is obvious that you will stay senior to someone below you on your OWN list, but that is all he is guaranteeing. If you should be senior to Papa Woody, then you should be on the combined list. An arbitrator would figure that out.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wow, General...you really pointed out the cogent portions of my post. I feel so enlightened now. A couple of questions though -

Doesn't each Union have a large stake in the outcome, or are you trying to insinuate that only SWAPA has a large stake? Spot on analysis. Of course, when you were reading the process agreement, you must have missed the part about negotiating a solution first, then mediation, and arbitration. At no point is SWAPA going to solely dictate the SLI. Of course, I can understand why a DAL guy would fear negotiations, since you routinely get your asses handed to you on a plate in that arena, but believe it or not, it just might work in this case. If not, we have a process established - one, I might add, that did not require your signature to approve.

Although you like to hold yourself as the master of the obvious on this board, you apparently haven't mastered recognizing obviously satirical remarks. But please keep it up, it shows how obviously out of touch with this whole debate you are, since you can only continue to espouse your pre-conceived notions of "fair and equitable is what Gen Lee says it is". The great thing about it is that my opinion does actually count for more than yours, since I will be voting on any agreement. You on the other hand, will continue to be an insignificant spectator. Enjoy!

PapaWoody

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back