SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank you sir.

The point remains that while not only does arbitration have unknowns, but also the process following such.

I suppose we can all beg to differ, but the bottom line is something negotiated has knowns for all. It also avoids the unknowns following. Additionally a negotiated settlement also gives the combined group a plan going forward, as well as a unified feeling of resolve and teamwork. So I think we can all agree it would not hurt culture. Would arbitration? Who knows?

Negotiations always have bias. After the result, you always have to wonder if someone was leaned on to get a certain result. Maybe, or maybe not. They could try to sell you anything after the SLI has been negotiated by them. Not so in arbitration. Those guys have NO piece of the action. They are called neutrals for a reason. Your best bet for a fair deal is from someone who doesn't benefit either way, except other than a nice fee. THAT IS FAIR. At the conclusion, they will even write out a report to tell you why they ruled that way. REASONS, not confusion.

Southwest pilots don't want to roll the dice, they want you to take the deal, and then, and only then they will ask GK to give you their current pay. Why wouldn't your pay on the 737 be the same NOW? I think a lot of people, not only Airtran pilots, want to know why.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I made a wise ass comment to correct your tranny ass. Sure, I have low self esteem.... I didn't know that.

So, you wearing your ONE LUV landyard? Whats your plan B, cus Gary's got a Plan B, C, D, E, F....

Here we go again. Look at what this tool just wrote. This is why you need Arbitration. Threats like this could be commonplace. Part of this whole deal needs to be fair. If you aren't getting paid the same (like other airlines did during their merger almost right away), then how about your seniority? GK wants this merger to happen, he has said it many times in the media. Could he change his mind? Maybe. I bet the hedge funds will tell him he is wrong if he does.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Here we go again. Look at what this tool just wrote. This is why you need Arbitration. Threats like this could be commonplace. Part of this whole deal needs to be fair. If you aren't getting paid the same (like other airlines did during their merger almost right away), then how about your seniority? GK wants this merger to happen, he has said it many times in the media. Could he change his mind? Maybe. I bet the hedge funds will tell him he is wrong if he does.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Unbelievable. That guy really is a tool, you're right. But, I like your new signature.

OYS

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wow. You call him a tool? Now thats not only ironic , but also funny.

Your post is false, misleading and illustrates your complete lack of understanding of this specific process. It also demonstrates how you fail to realize how each arbitration is specific and unique.

Good try however. Like oys, if you post enough it must come true. Let me guess, your next post will say just about the same thing.

Wow. You call him a tool? Now thats not only ironic , but also funny.

Your post is false, misleading and illustrates your complete lack of understanding of this specific process. It also demonstrates how you fail to realize how each arbitration is specific and unique.

Good try however. Like oys, if you post enough it must come true. Let me guess, your next post will say just about the same thing.

Where does Lee have it wrong? Every merger is different? So far, every recent merger has turned to arbitration for their SLI. And so far most involved some sort of relative integration. I can see why you might be nervous. Please, tell me why your merger is different. Is it the process agreement that each party signed that included arbitration if needed?

OYS

Last edited:
Try calling me that when you're jerking my gear, junior.

Sure, you'll say "Landing Gear Up" and I'll say "Positive Rate Tranny Ass Landing Gear up" (then I will move the Landing gear lever with my right hand).

Remember, You'll be pulling gear for me too (everyother leg) But don't worry, I'll let you do the log book and all the walkarounds you can handle.

OYS/GL/-9CPT/Et.al.,

Both sides have a lot to gamble on here...SWA pilots have no contractual gains as a result of this acquisition and will probably have AAI pilots on the list ahead of them...AAI pilots gain a better contract/company/career potential/LIFE...for that they must give up seniority, the only question is how much...so what is so unfair about that?...or is it fair for the AAI pilots to keep same rel seniority, be operated separately as Guadalupe Holdings with the pay and benefits gain of the SWA contract...the latter may be the best outcome...

Latest resources

Back