• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea right. Answer that again in about a year.

Veiled threats don't work my friend.

An outside, neutral and objective arbitrator(s) will yield a "fair and equitable" decision. Seems like most SWA guys are worried about that.

An outside, neutral and objective arbitrator(s) will yield a "fair and equitable" decision. Seems like most SWA guys are worried about that.

Not A threat my fellow pilot. Seriously that's a flight info staple.

Seriously answer it in a year. It might be good. It might be bad. It's not however a threat. Not in the very least.

I just love how we can all have a constructive convo here.

What a wonderful passive aggressive remark "my friend."

Not me brother, and I am at the bottom of the list. Everything is up for debate. I think it will be settled without arbitration. If it goes to arbitration, The award will be fair. I even think the bottom SWA guy's will do just fine.

An outside, neutral and objective arbitrator(s)

...that has NO skin in the game. By-the-way its ArbitratorS.... (3 of 'em) but you already knew that?

Lost money is lost money.... ask OY6 or General = you will never get it back.

This is the question on both sides: what battles are you going to fight?

How are the Southwest guys worried about arbitration? The ledger of gains are stacked on the Airtran side of this equation.

I have ZERO worries about going to arbitration.

In the end, I think the odds are good for a negotiated list.

RF

I think most would prefer a negotiated deal since it would be better for the culture of SWA going forward. Having said that any deal would have to be perceived as fair and equitable to both groups of pilots. Therein lies the issue. I don't think such an agreement is possible. Since neither side claims to be afraid of arbitration then that is the probable outcome. Let's just get thru the process ASAP, get the arbitrated list implemented and get on to the business of that $400 million in synergies. That's what GK wants. Until we are merged operationally those synergies won't be realized.

...that has NO skin in the game. By-the-way its ArbitratorS.... (3 of 'em) but you already knew that?

Umm yeah, 1 lead and 3 total. That why I included the (s). What is it with you? Does making other people sound like they don't know what they're talking about somehow make you feel better about yourself?

Hopefully this will be wrapped up in 7 months or so and we can move on.

Seriously answer it in a year. It might be good. It might be bad. It's not however a threat. Not in the very least.

Fair 'nuff, took it the wrong way I guess. Sure sounded like you were trying to intimidate. My bad.

Latest resources

Back