• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While a negotiated settlement would be in the cultural best interest of both pilot groups it is unlikely. The only way arbitration is avoided is if both sides believe that accepting the deal on the table is better than risk/reward potential in arbitration. Historically unlikely.

I also get that you and the General have an agenda here besides that you guys would like to see the SWAPA pilots get kicked in the balls just for grins. Your company would be much better off with a divided and disfunctional pilot group. Labor strife at the combined company is good for the two of you personally since we are now you biggest competitor in ATL. Suddenly I get why you can't and wont let this go.

Luv,
Ghetto

So, why again would getting a FAIR ruling divide your group? And, also why would this not be seen as bringing the groups together, as opposed to tearing them apart with the rhetoric spewing from plenty of SWA pilots on this board? I think most of the posts from me and even The General state for you to bring down the talk of stapling, and to just go for a fair deal for everyone. Does that sound like something to divide the group? Look around at every other recent merger. Did any of them not go to arbitration? Oh, you guys are DIFFERENT. That is your problem right there, you really aren't. Every group wants to get the best deal over the other group, which isn't fair. And I think Delta had dealt with Airtran fine over the last decade in ATL, and your costs are going up, not down, in ATL, while dumping first class. Sounds good to me.

OYS

99% is coming from from individuals who work at neither airline. I'm woefully surprised, however, someone concisely pointed out the reason as to such.

So - again - to optimism.

Again, you think that your group is "different", and you're not. A negotiated settlement is unlikely because each group has preconceived ideas on what SHOULD happen. Arbitrators are not biased, and will see the facts and make a fair ruling, without a stake in the outcome.

OYS

So true, but empanage wants you and Dicko to focus your frustration on me and The General instead. I just think it should be fair for everyone.

OYS

So shortsighted and simply destructive.

Seriously the negativity and rhetoric is not only senseless but also completely misleading and inaccurate.

Working together. What an idea. What a thought. How could we actually want such success? I have no idea.

People who put me or the General on ignore just don't want to accept the truth.

Actually, the opposite is the truth.

Those that ignore you HAVE accepted the truth that you (and your alter ego GLeek) are a troll, and add nothing constructive to this (or any other) topic, that doesn't even affect you. Get a job, move out of mom's house, find a girlfriend, some hobbies etc. and leave the adults alone.

So shortsighted and simply destructive.

Seriously the negativity and rhetoric is not only senseless but also completely misleading and inaccurate.

Working together. What an idea. What a thought. How could we actually want such success? I have no idea.

So, every other group was different? Each group started the same way you have, and it ALWAYS lead to arbitration. Just cut to the chase and get on with it. That way, less rhetoric will come out, and you can blame arbitrators later if unhappy, not each other. It would be great if you could do it, but it is unlikely, sorry.

OYS

Again, you think that your group is "different", and you're not. A negotiated settlement is unlikely because each group has preconceived ideas on what SHOULD happen. Arbitrators are not biased, and will see the facts and make a fair ruling, without a stake in the outcome.

OYS

Again, is it becoming true yet?

Actually, the opposite is the truth.

Those that ignore you HAVE accepted the truth that you (and your alter ego GLeek) are a troll, and add nothing constructive to this (or any other) topic, that doesn't even affect you. Get a job, move out of mom's house, find a girlfriend, some hobbies etc. and leave the adults alone.

You're nervous, which is understandable. I don't speak for The General, but it seems he and I just want fairness for you guys. If you're against getting a fair SLI, then it all makes sense.

OYS

Latest resources

Back