• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
People who put me or the General on ignore just don't want to accept the truth. That's fine, but some people do want to hear about options that will help their future seniority. Arbitration will do that. There is NO WAY a negotiated agreement will be more fair than a non biased one from arbitrators, that have no stake in the outcome themselves. Seniority is forever, and you will get the Southwest pay from management anyways. SWAPA will not be losing one dime in this deal. Arbitration is smart. Do it.

OYS

I suppose you think if you say it enough it's actually true or means something to someone.

Stay classy San Diego!

I wouldn't bet on it. Many a slip between the cup and the lip.

I hope we never go down that road.

Are you saying AT guys wont get SWA pay? Here we go again, another example of who you are dealing with. Reread the threats, and go for arbitration. Don't lose one spot if you don't have to.

OYS

OYS overlooks the concept of winning the battle and losing the war. RE: USAIR.

Parker at US doesn't seem to care, but GK does. GK wants this done and over with, and in today's Wall Street Journal article, he stated Southwest NEEDED Airtran for growth. Sounds like he is onboard.

OYS

Last edited:
I suppose you think if you say it enough it's actually true or means something to someone.

Stay classy San Diego!

I think plenty of AT pilots read it and will ask questions to their union and make sure it is fair. That's all I ask for, and when it is over, I bet you will be saying "stay classy Gulfport."

OYS

OYS- why do you care?

Isn't it more likely you're I to sowing the seeds of discontent?

Don't feed the troll.

Both sides are looking for two things. Reasons to get along and reasons to rip each others throat out.

OYS loves to see us fight. Not that we won't but let's keep it between us - and not take the bait of some Rear(end) Admiral.

Gup

Last edited:
Are you saying AT guys wont get SWA pay? Here we go again, another example of who you are dealing with. Reread the threats, and go for arbitration. Don't lose one spot if you don't have to.

OYS

While a negotiated settlement would be in the cultural best interest of both pilot groups it is unlikely. The only way arbitration is avoided is if both sides believe that accepting the deal on the table is better than risk/reward potential in arbitration. Historically unlikely.

I also get that you and the General have an agenda here besides that you guys would like to see the SWAPA pilots get kicked in the balls just for grins. Your company would be much better off with a divided and disfunctional pilot group. Labor strife at the combined company is good for the two of you personally since we are now you biggest competitor in ATL. Suddenly I get why you can't and wont let this go.

Luv,
Ghetto

Last edited:
Don't feed the troll.

Both sides are looking for two things. Reasons to get along and reasons to rip each others throat out.

OYS loves to see us fight. Not that we won't but let's keep it between us - and not take the bait of some Rear(end) Admiral.

Gup

Agreed!

Latest resources

Back