Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran pilot integration thoughts, what will the new list look like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sure Lear70, as the guy who got turned down by Southwest.

I'll say this, pilots hired around 2002 and later are a higher caliber then 2001 and earlier. Guys hired at AAI prior to 2001 and those who stayed there are the bottom of the barrell. And just think if Gary Kelly has his way, some of them will be ahead of Southwest folks. Outstanding! Thanks Gary!

Just to show you how times change. USAIR pilots left SWA and took a recall back in 1998. SWA was not the first choice for many. You had to buy a type and fly up and down all day long for a lot less then the majors . Just a few years later the opposite happens.

But,I do agree with the above statement. Kind of reminds me of Americas Worst Airline.

M

Just to show you how times change. USAIR pilots left SWA and took a recall back in 1998. SWA was not the first choice for many. You had to buy a type and fly up and down all day long for a lot less then the majors . Just a few years later the opposite happens.

But,I do agree with the above statement. Kind of reminds me of Americas Worst Airline.

M

ONE ,His name was Rob, I knew him well. Rob was very bitter towards SWA and would have quite to go anywhere.

Not quite sure but off the top of my head maybe 300?

Wow, if that's true then you guys increased your seniority list by at least 23% that year alone. That's assuming no hiring since 2004, which we know is not the case.

Not sure of how many pilots you had prior to your hiring boom in 2004, but sheeeite.

Dicko- I am trying to keep the same attitude. I am just trying to see why some people feel the way they do. I can't wait to drive to work! Que sera sera...

In early 2004 Airtran began hiring pilots after a six month hiatus. This hiring binge would last until early 2008 and double the size of the pilot group from 800 to over 1600 pilots.

M

How did that work out for him?

Dicko- I am trying to keep the same attitude. I am just trying to see why some people feel the way they do. I can't wait to drive to work! Que sera sera...

Agreed.

20 minutes to the parking lot is a beautiful thing. 20 minutes to home is priceless :D

I'll just say again- this is a stupid thread- seniority lists and the luck and skill involved in getting your position on one is nothing new-- so the ego is juvenile at this point- and whatever chest thumping happens CAN snowball into very bitter and negative results. Let the fray continue but please all be mindful of that- we are both better together- period. I think the SLI should slant towards SWA bc we're the buying carrier and don't gain contractually- there are 7700+ other strong opinions-

Stay calm. Stay tuned. Deep breath and let's see how it works out.
But commit to it NOT ending up like USAIR- that's the only real way to lose-

How did that work out for him?

Well at first everyone thought he was an idiot ( he had a bad reputation to start off with)

Then UAL was going to buy USair and he would be going over to UAL w/ almost 20 yrs seniority. ( He did not look like an idiot but someone who lucked out)

Well the rest I do not think I have to say. I do not know what bidding power or seat a 20+ yr USAir pilot has.

Latest resources

Back