Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran pilot integration thoughts, what will the new list look like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you think this is going to go well you are smokin crack. SWA guys are pissed, and will take this to an arbitrator, count on it. If the AT guys arent happy with huge pay raises, the best work rules and the best job security in the industry well then I dont care. THEY are the ones who should fear the arbitrator, there isnt one advantage in their column when it comes to the total value of a career.

Look at it this way - how many AT guys would cancel this deal versus how many SWA guys? The answer is telling.

Wow! Looks like SWA will never ever be able to merge with anyone unless they take a staple. Remember, GK called Airtran. I agree that SW has a lot to offer and I am at the bottom no matter how you look at it and happy to be apart of it but taking it to a arbitrator is not a threat. Its going to be a reality so it is out of the emotional hands of the pilots. Maybe you should go TP GK's house. All this crap is going on around this industry and SW is now part of it. Welcome to the real party!

Wow! Looks like SWA will never ever be able to merge with anyone unless they take a staple. Remember, GK called Airtran. I agree that SW has a lot to offer and I am at the bottom no matter how you look at it and happy to be apart of it but taking it to a arbitrator is not a threat. Its going to be a reality so it is out of the emotional hands of the pilots. Maybe you should go TP GK's house. All this crap is going on around this industry and SW is now part of it. Welcome to the real party!

merge? you mean purchase

merge? you mean purchase

Purchase, merge, absorb, amalgamate, assimilate, be swallowed up, become lost in, become partners, blend, cement, centralize, coalesce, combine, come aboard, compound, conglomerate, consolidate, converge, deal one in, fuse, hitch on, hook up, immerge, incorporate, interface, intermingle, intermix, join, join up, line up, marry, meet, meld, melt into, mingle, mix, network, plug into, pool, slap on, submerge, synthesize, tack on, tag, team up, throw in together, tie in, unite.

Call it what you want.

I had a great weekend totally disconnecting from the hate and fear that a small percentage of pilots reflect upon this deal. I personally think this is going to flipping awesome, regardless of where I end up on a new list.

This is what I may never see because of this event.

1. I may never see a base closure.
2. I may never see the pressure of a LCC like Airtran working against the efforts of SWA in these markets.
3. I may never see forced fleet reduction.
4. I may never see forced pay decreases
5. I may never see the energies and efforts to two LCC working against each other now.
I see this as positive, and now this is the only path my job at SWA is going through. this is the path for both sides, and I am going to make the best of it. I am going to try to keep making the best of this. It may be hard to do, but I am not going to gain at the expense of others. I am not going to trash others to lift myself up.

I do not control the checkbook at SWA. Management decides who gets the golden ticket, not me. I control squat, and I am okay with that. Thinking I control more than squat is delusional. I control my attitude, and I control how I interact with people in public and in private. I know there may be a moments where I may be frustrated with things beyond my control, but being delusional and damaging to others about it is a terrible attitude and something that I need to get over quickly.

I am only one person in this, but I am going to remember ever single person on the other side of the table, has a family and people who depend upon them as well. I am going to respect them, and accept the combined efforts of our negotiations and support the resolution that comes as a result. It is a long life, I plan to enjoy it with the fellowship of my expanded work group.
Well said. Excellent post.

Dude could be proof that everyone has their 10%, in which case it's a good reminder to not join that group and add to their numbers by giving them more credence than they deserve...

Or

Dudes just a flamer who may not be a pilot at all or may be a pilot from another carrier trying to stoke a conflict-

All I know is I've taken a 1000 good deep breaths this morning on the beach and CHOOSE not to get wrapped up in drama I have only 1/7700th control over.

oh lets see, they ALL applied to sw and couldnt make the cut, now you welcome them? they will distroy our culture. you suck

It's difficult to write a paragraph without a single grain of truth in it. Kudos.

We'll let the spelling slide, since you seem to be having some difficulties already.

:laugh:

Post of the week!!!

It's difficult to write a paragraph without a single grain of truth in it. Kudos.

We'll let the spelling slide, since you seem to be having some difficulties already.

:laugh:

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! :laugh::laugh:;):cool:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back