• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI SLI agreement in principle.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fredo, from everyone I've spoke to- your MC commands way more respect than your dysfunctional MEC, no matter how they got to those positions.

You are correct sir. I want to vote on this. I don't think the MEC should keep this from a vote. I will vote to recall if they do. I don't know any one of them personally and don't want them to determine my future.

You are correct sir. I want to vote on this. I don't think the MEC should keep this from a vote. I will vote to recall if they do. I don't know any one of them personally and don't want them to determine my future.

The MC is universally respected. They are one of the few smart decisions we've made as as a group. PCL attempted to install the usual suspects and was thwarted.

I would ask you to call or email your Reps. Even if they all say something different, you've then made an informed decision. After that it's a personal choice. Attempting to recall anybody before you've spoken with them probably shows that you haven't heard all sides.

27 Driver and Waveflyer are correct. The ATN MC is trusted and respected far more than our MEC. I feel that way and most everyone I have talked to out there on the line have expressed the same sentiment.

PCL - We all know you want the MEC to kill this deal. I think if the MEC fails to send this to a pilot group vote, they would be serving the membership about as well as Harry Reid and the Senate are serving our country right now.

That's because YOU are involved. I'll promise you that a large % of your membership will vote yes to ANYTHING forwarded to them because they are NOT involved. They will say they are but they don't even read the contract that will guide them at least 5 years of their career. I've seen it at 3 carriers.

So I guess be careful what you ask for cause you just might get it.

Gup

The MC is universally respected. They are one of the few smart decisions we've made as as a group. PCL attempted to install the usual suspects and was thwarted.

I would ask you to call or email your Reps. Even if they all say something different, you've then made an informed decision. After that it's a personal choice. Attempting to recall anybody before you've spoken with them probably shows that you haven't heard all sides.

I have emailed all my reps. I will only vote to recall if they try to block us from voting on this. I feel this is too important for them to decide for all of us. Most of the guys I fly with feel the same way. I don't care if they send it out with a negative rating but send it out to vote. That way the majority can decide.

Fredo, from everyone I've spoke to- your MC commands way more respect than your dysfunctional MEC, no matter how they got to those positions.

However, as most in this country have lost respect for the president, we are stuck with him and the decisions he makes as it is us who voted him in.

However, as most in this country have lost respect for the president, we are stuck with him and the decisions he makes as it is us who voted him in.
I haven't lost respect for this president, if anything he has gone up points in my book. It's the TEA party fools with their lack of understanding on financial markets and the impact our government has on our well being as a whole that I have lost respect for.

As far as AAI's MC I'm not so sure about them. Flew with half of them and was not impressed. The third always made some off the wall posts on our web board - I do know they mean well and have our best interests at heart. But their negotiating prowess? Then again GK did pick sides in this SLI which is unprecedented for a CEO when 2 unions are negotiating seniority under a process agreement.

Max Powers;2187686 Then again GK did pick sides in this SLI which is unprecedented for a CEO when 2 unions are negotiating seniority under a process agreement.[/QUOTE said:
Which side did he pick?

I haven't lost respect for this president, if anything he has gone up points in my book. It's the TEA party fools with their lack of understanding on financial markets and the impact our government has on our well being as a whole that I have lost respect for.

As far as AAI's MC I'm not so sure about them. Flew with half of them and was not impressed. The third always made some off the wall posts on our web board - I do know they mean well and have our best interests at heart. But their negotiating prowess? Then again GK did pick sides in this SLI which is unprecedented for a CEO when 2 unions are negotiating seniority under a process agreement.

There is no question the Tea Party loons are screwed up. There are wackos on the far left too, albeit not as whacked as the Tea Party folks. If not for the nut cases on both sides I'm guessing President Obama and Boehner could have come up with a very balanced solution by now that would have been very good for the Country,

Latest resources

Back