• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI SLI agreement in principle.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Distressed status is tagged to a company by the FAA during a period of transition, like an acquisition. It requires more audits, and inspections to ensure proper operations.

Does the airtran MEC vote today, too?
Not that I know of. The eMail we received last night said that they had met all day in Dallas with SWA and SWAPA along with our V.P. of Labor Relations attorney for AirTran and that WHEN the language was fully done, they'd meet with the MEC.

It implied (at least from what I read) that they haven't finished all the language yet. The fact that our V.P. of Labor Relations is involved (one of the few people who has the legal authority to modify our existing CBA at the company), implies that they're talking about the modifications needed to modify our CBA during the transition period.

Per our Constitution and By-Laws, any modifications to our CBA that impact our pay, most scheduling rules that affect pay, retirement, and insurance have to come to the pilots to ratify - the MEC can't make that decision on their own. Therefore when the AIP language is done and comes to us for vote, it will also include, per our bylaws and the Process Agreement, the implementation schedule which includes when the pay rates change, what scheduling rules change and when, any retirement contribution changes (our B-fund versus your 401(k) contribution), etc. All to be voted on with one, singular vote of whether to accept the SLI agreement (and all the other stuff) or not.

Of course when everyone "crosses over" to be SWA employees, they go on SWAPA's contract, but until then, our CBA has to be modified extensively for the people who are still over here. I'd imagine, since all of that has to be done before MEC review (and the fact that your NC got started a couple days ahead of our MC per the SWAPA twitter feed), that it will take a little longer for our stuff to be done than it took your NC to finish up and bring it to your BoD.

I'm hoping to see it sometime towards the end of next week or beginning of the following week. After MEC ratification they still have to put it in bulletpoint form, brief the P2P people, and schedule road shows.

Last edited:
All u r doingin with troll is preventing a yes vote. No one is stapled pre sept10. There r protections and ratios to this complicated agreement

Interesting, my understanding was both groups vote on the same language.

The "polishing" and "lipstick" is not relevant to the language ....

Other business to complete over the next week for ATN ALPA;

- LH visits Mens Warehouse for a new suit. His voice coach is put on standby.

- MEC draw sidearms and body armour from the magazine. They may be a death or two during "robust and forthright discussions".

- Crack ALPA lawyers converge on Atlanta with giant polishing cloths to shine up the offending deuce.

A busy week ahead.

Ours will require a little more lipstick and shining. We are ALPA.

Of course it will you are ALPA and will not be happy until the SWA guys are on the bottom of your JV list.........Stand by and watch the ALPA job killing machine screw the Clampetts on this one......you fools might want to start working on the new Texas Sub Corp Clampett call sign.......maybe Jethro........anyone, anyone, ?????

Staple or a no vote

Latest resources

Back