• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA-AAI Going Rogue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And, no, I never interviewed at SWA. They would've scooped Ty up right away. ;)

Ok, I'll raise the flag. I'm sure what you meant to say was you were never called for an interview, right?

Alright members.. I'm back from vacation.. First Happy new Year... and now that I have caught up on some of the threads, see some folks did not make a new resolution to be nice here on Flight INfo...

As a moderator, you guys leave me little choice in actions that must be taken.. I am asking you all to please.... please... dont' make me the bad guy.... keep your comments on topic, no personal attacks of any kind.. If you know a member here in real life.. DO NOT use that info to gain an advantage on that member here... It will be pretty easy to tell if you do... it will you earn you a nice 30 day suspension...

This AAI/SWA thread like the others here in the Majors section is going the wrong direction.. stay inside the TOS... The thread might just be closed if it keeps going south..

FYI, its' "don't."

I don't think Ty is a bad guy. He's just greedy and pretending that he hasn't just hit the lottery in order to try to get a better deal for himself. Nothing but pure greed on his part. Nothing personal, just greed and business.

Ok, I'll raise the flag. I'm sure what you meant to say was you were never called for an interview, right?

This may come as a huge shock to you, Bill, but I and the vast majority of AirTran Captains wouldn't have voluntarily left AirTran to start over at SWA.

That's probably true. You get comfy and it's hard to start over.

Just hope oil doesn't keep going up or we may all be looking for a new job.

Gup

This may come as a huge shock to you, Bill, but I and the vast majority of AirTran Captains wouldn't have voluntarily left AirTran to start over at SWA.

Well I know why, You love being a captain. I can understand that you came from the Comair Academy or Gulfstream airlines and never really understood what it is like to be a FO. So your quick upgrade gave you a sense of confidence. Your insecurities are hiding behind those four gold shiny bars, and that big shiny A that is imbedded in between the two gold wings. It's all good TY!LOL

Oh buy the way get rid of the Broke Back Mountain PIC.LOL. ******************************.LOL!
Don't take this to heart, You got to have a thick skin to work at SWA, even if you are the captain.

That's probably true. You get comfy and it's hard to start over.

Just hope oil doesn't keep going up or we may all be looking for a new job.

Gup

Higher oil would mean SWA would actually have to raise fares or add bag fees to help pay for increased oil costs, and also added costs of ex Airtan employees now paid SWA wages.

BTW, an SLI award by an arbitrator would assign seniority numbers, not Capt or FO seats. There would have to be displacements to kick Ty out of his seat, which is doubtful anyway, thanks to Airtran being stable and bringing a lot to the merger.

You said it yourself Mr. Rod. It is called a Seniority List Integration. Not Seat List Integration. Once there is an agreement (agreed or arbitrated) each pilot will bid base, seat, vacation, etc. based on whatever they can hold (outside of fences of course).

Happy New Year to all and a shout out to my FROGS!!!!

Latest resources

Back