• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA-AAI Going Rogue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll refrain on predicting the outcome of any SLI in terms of who benefits more or less but will offer an opinion that the final outcome will look different than other SLI agreements and from what has been described on this forum in terms of predictions (shocking I know considering there have been so many suggestions).

There are unseen influences/factors that none of us are aware of that will impact each team's decision making process in developing their positions on their "preferred version" of an SLI. Continued pressure/influence from both AAI and SWA pilots on the "process" continue to shape opening positions and will impact subsequent follow on positions for weeks and months to come. That further negates "forum experts" opinions or predictions.

In terms of SWAPA, I believe there are many competent persons, both inside SWAPA and outside, who will have combined the most creative solutions to make the most convincing case to the AAI M&A team that will result in a "fair and equitable" solution for both groups.

No arbitrator is my prediction but a final vote.

I'll even go out on a limb and predict (you heard it here first), 75% approval rate by AAI pilots and 60-65% approval rate by SWAPA pilots.

That will bring out calls for my Clear Skies admission but it is too late, already applied and rejected....too far gone!:smash:

Seriously, each of the M&A committees speak for their respective groups and I remain a supporter of that approach. I think its a fool's mission to assume anything is accomplished other than entertainment and burning up free time with posts on FI or any forum on this topic. It will have no consequence to the final outcome.

OBTW, it does allow GL to rack up more posts which we are happy to contribute to;)

To all readers of FI, I hope you and your loved ones have a Happy New Year and that 2011 is productive and healthy for you and your family.

Thanks to the moderators and owners of the forum for providing an outlet to express various levels of useful information and opinions.

I lost a friend recently and it brought home to me how precious life is; some of us reading this will not be around a year from now so please take the time to express your thoughts to those that mean the most to you or who have had the most influence....life is very precious. No doubt SLI is important and will impact us all; it is however small potatoes for those who have far larger challenges in life...perspective. Apologies for the diversion from topic.

Regardless of how it flows out, I look forward to flying with you all and hope you will enjoy SWA as much as I do.

Nice post, Chase. Sorry to hear of your loss. I agree, SLI and most other things seem pretty unimportant by comparison.

Seriously, each of the M&A committees speak for their respective groups and I remain a supporter of that approach. I think its a fool's mission to assume anything is accomplished other than entertainment and burning up free time with posts on FI or any forum on this topic. It will have no consequence to the final outcome.
Spot on.

OBTW, it does allow GL to rack up more posts which we are happy to contribute to;)
Always. ;)

Thanks to the moderators and owners of the forum for providing an outlet to express various levels of useful information and opinions.
On behalf of the webmaster and other mods, you're more than welcome. As one of the most level-headed and always-professional posters, it's always a pleasure to read your posts. I hope that, despite your loss, your Christmas was enjoyable.

I lost a friend recently and it brought home to me how precious life is; some of us reading this will not be around a year from now so please take the time to express your thoughts to those that mean the most to you or who have had the most influence....life is very precious. No doubt SLI is important and will impact us all; it is however small potatoes for those who have far larger challenges in life...perspective.
Our condolences on your loss. As important as seniority is, you're absolutely right, it pales in comparison when you really look at the grand scheme of life. Thanks for the reminder (I certainly need it from time to time).

Regardless of how it flows out, I look forward to flying with you all and hope you will enjoy SWA as much as I do.
Ditto. Smooth skies, and hope to buy you that frosty beverage someday soon. :beer:

Ty,
You don't think Southwest will have the ability to do what they please with the ATL gates? Interesting (ignorant) ideology.

You are the acquired. Nothing more.

Ty,
You don't think Southwest will have the ability to do what they please with the ATL gates? Interesting (ignorant) ideology.

You are the acquired. Nothing more.

Oh, they'll have the ability to run the airline the way they want to (and I welcome the change) but it will be an integrated airline with an integrated seniority list, not just gates and planes.

Given your statement above, I almost feel a little sorry for you, Bill, because you're so removed from reality that you're not going to understand why the ISL worked out the way it did.

Oh, they'll have the ability to run the airline the way they want to (and I welcome the change) but it will be an integrated airline with an integrated seniority list, not just gates and planes.

Given your statement above, I almost feel a little sorry for you, Bill, because you're so removed from reality that you're not going to understand why the ISL worked out the way it did.

Ty,

In addition to taking a condescending and confrontational tone you are incorrect.

At corporate closing (long before any potential integration) SWA will use the assets it has purchased as management sees fit.

Latest resources

Back